Guns in Kroger

Discussion in 'This Whacky World' started by Denny, Sep 8, 2014.

1. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

Behavior does alter ones chances of being caught after committing many types of crimes.
    Filming your actions and posting them on the internet comes to mind.

2. RANCHEROROB

RANCHEROROB In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Well.... Franklin Raines (black), Jamie Gorelick (jewish), Rahm Emanual (jewish) between the three of them stuffed their pockets with nearly $100 million from FAILING Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. (I bet they got some of Seans 401k)
    All three were former Clinton officials so I guess it's who you know not what you do.

3. plumcolr

plumcolr In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I was referring to mostly but not exclusively to small-time drug crimes, similar to possession without intent to sell. And by non-whites I meant those not generally recognized (by our wonderful government) to be caucasian.

Most whites that commit those crimes do not get jail time. They get "intervention". And I did not say anything about arrest or conviction. I was referring to the statistics on incarceration.

So feel free to push your luck on those. You, too may be arrested and convicted. But you probably will not do jail time. Just community service, like swamping out a terminal care facility or something. At least for a first offense.

4. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Now I want some stats to back that up. I have 'white' family members that have done time for possession without intent, etc. In fact, my white brother in law is on the old 'three strikes you're out' deal if he gets caught again. His wife, and all three of his children have served time for petty offenses. That same wife of his also did time for stealing an old man's life savings while pretending to be his caregiver. The government recognizes them as lily-white, by the way. I'm pretty sure those white people will do more than giggle if you tell them whites don't get jail time for drug offenses. Really, that claim's more funny than irritating. I gotta see some numbers on that one.

5. plumcolr

I'm sorry, but you seem to be deliberately misinterpreting what I have written, Am I to be the new Ribald? I did not say it never happens, nor did I imply that I had statistics. I said I suspect.

6. plumcolr

And I have seen the so-called criminal justice system in action at least in this area. Caucasian teens at least do not seem to be nearly so likely as those of other races to get jail time. Maybe it's just because daddy can hire a lawyer for his offspring, where the minority community is much less likely to have one. Maybe because there's no money, maybe because daddy doesn't care, who knows. All I know is from what I have seen, there is disparate treatment at least some of the time.

7. ForistellFord

The new ribald? Heck no, there's only one of those, and that's plenty.

When you say you suspect that one race gets more lenient sentencing over another, it's going to be questioned unless facts can be submitted to prove it. That's a strong statement to make. Where have you seen this, and how are you qualified to speculate on this that makes your opinion more relevant?

8. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

The best justice that money can buy... except, of course, the Gideon decision and court appointed attorney options was supposed to prevent that disparity.

9. Denny

Denny In Maximum Overdrive

I don't think you are wrong, but I think you may be wrong about the REASON that whites (especially white teens) don't tend to get as much jail time as blacks. I believe it's because judges generally don't want to sentence young people to jail if there is a reasonable chance that they will be supervised at home. A much higher percentage of black teens don't have one responsible parent, let alone two. I think that most judges will be as lenient as the law will allow them to be if they are convinced that there is one or more parents in the home who will do whatever they can to turn their kid around. In many cases, they don't even have a parent or grandparent willing to show up in court with them. What else is the judge supposed to do?

10. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

A big part of the disparity has to do with priors.
    Any kid going into the system for the first time is unlikely to face jail unless it is a very serious crime.
    A kid, black or white, with a list of prior offences will likely get locked up.

11. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Hahaha, that's not even what illiterate means, fool.

12. plumcolr

So. unless I have statistics I cannot speculate? That's strange -- I have put nothing out there as hard fact, nor have I either stated or implied such. Just given my impressions from what I have seen. And I have been in municipal courts and superior courts enough to have seen things that tend to make me believe what I have stated. Fortunately though, not for either arraignment nor as a defendant. Although there was that obstructed license plate thing - -

13. ForistellFord

I didn't say you can't speculate, I just asked for some non-anecdotal evidence that may support your opinion. I don't think it's odd to request that. If I were to say that it's my impression that jews hold 95% of the wealth in America, I would understand why someone would request some sort of factual data to back that up. I was just wondering why you felt whites elude jail for the same crimes 'non-whites' don't elude jail for, and if there was any evidence to support it. My apologies if I offended you for requesting supporting documentation.

14. ForistellFord

Oh, I thought you said semi-literate! Golly, what an easy mistake to make!!

15. plumcolr

You did not originally say you would like to see those statistics. You said you wanted them which sorta sounded like a demand at least to me. Perhaps I am misreading you. Wouldn't be the first time I had a conversation with someone only to discover we were on two different lines with no intersecting point.

Nonetheless I stand with my original statements. Perhaps it's money, or perhaps it's as Denny said, someone responsible showed some interest in the perp's well-being. It just appears to me that there is some disparity there.

16. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Hey, in today's news there is a story about a white guy who got busted for sexual assault, just after getting out on bond for sexual assault. Fools. If my daughter was attacked by a guy that was let out of jail, there'd be more than one person disappearing.

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/274390751.html

On the bright side, I heard they arrested this freak in the emergency room as he was getting his stitches on his mini schlong, because the victim bit it to get free. Man, I love the south.

plumcolr likes this.
  17. RANCHEROROB

RANCHEROROB In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

“Hold on, they got a white dude,” the person filming said.

Victim, 17-year-old honor roll student at a prominent Catholic high school.

Worked as bag boy at Kroger

As the boy lay helpless on the ground, one of the predators hovered over his prey -- kicking the bag boy’s body. Again. And again. And again. And again.

Boys father wept when he saw the video.

Left two other people injured. Authorities believe the young thugs were playing a game called “point them out, knock them out.”

http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/09/09/starnes-memphis-attack-father-weeps-over-video-badly-beaten-son

18. Denny

Denny In Maximum Overdrive

One of my son's friends is a police officer in Memphis. He says that one of the "teens" arrested for this attack at Kroger was just let out of jail a couple of weeks ago after pulling a gun on him (the police officer) on August 1. The "teen" and his brother BOTH had 5 separate cases pending on the same court date involving my son's friend. The judge let them both out of jail and reset the case for October.

Does anyone else see a problem here?

19. ForistellFord

So, the white kid fighting at the end of the video had a brother in the fight too? 'Cuz if the judge let them go rather than incarcerating them, they must have been white, right? I mean, it just seems that whites tend to go free and non-whites are incarcerated, I've heard.

TestDummy likes this.
  20. plumcolr

Can't let go, can you. I suggest you re-read what I said. Nowhere, and I mean NOWHERE did I say or imply that white kids are immune from the law. What I implied and will now say outright is that they SEEM TO ME to be more likely to get a break. For whatever reason.