New Members ( Introduce Yourself)

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Center' started by Rancherous, Oct 25, 2004.

1. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

Come on now tease tell us more.........

2. 70 GTee

70 GTee In First Gear

70 GT I just picked up from a friend. It has 71 gt trim that was installed from 2 owners ago when he did the resto. 351c H code, AC, bucket seats (factory bench car), console 9 in w/ 3.00 lsd, shaker (non repro), PS and power disc brakes. The car sat for the last 8 years so the paint began to fade and crack and water got into the oil. Some may frown about the 71 trim on a 70 but it is what it is.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

HuevosRanchero likes this.
  3. Jeff B

Jeff B In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

Welcome. Looks pretty original from this angle.

4. Jeff B

Jeff B In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

Looks plenty good to drive. Have fun!

5. 5.0 Chero

Nice F them if they do
    but not this guy this started out life as a 73 squire it had trim for a lot of different things

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jaguar parts
    [​IMG]

even GM parts can find they way to be used
    [​IMG]

5.0 HO EFI with AOD for motivation
    [​IMG]

6. 210eddiep

210eddiep In Overdrive

Hi there 70 gtee. Nice set up you have there!!

7. 70 GTee

70 GTee In First Gear

Thanks guys for the nice words.

8. 66rancherobeast

66rancherobeast In First Gear

I'm Mike from California. I've been into cars and building cars since day 1. I've always built fox body mustangs so being from California I've never had a rusty car. Well i just purchased a 66 Falcon Ranchero from the tow yard I work at and once I pulled up the carpet dreaded rust holes. Being a 1 year only ranchero I'm having a super tough time locating rear patch panels. I'd really appreciate some help?[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  9. 5.0 Chero

10. CalBears

CalBears In First Gear

Howdy, new member here. Just took delivery of my second Ranchero last week, and as I go over it, I'm sure I'll have questions for all of ya. Great to know this forum is here.

The new one is a 65 with a 289 and a red/white paint scheme. The trim code is a bit of a head scratcher (47), but the current interior is red & white as well. It looks to have been restored, but then again it looks original as hell, like it just came off the showroom floor in many ways. So I'm thinking that's what the 47 means. Anywayz, nice to be here.

12122845_10208175237524670_6584037037792570558_n.jpg FullSizeRender.jpg

11. 210eddiep

210eddiep In Overdrive

Nice calbears! is it auto or standard shift?

12. CalBears

CalBears In First Gear

4-speed manual, though the door code indicates 3 on the tree. i *think* it may have been a show car at one point in its life, although the engine is pretty dirty right now. I had it shipped to CA from Texas, and have a DMV appointment on Tuesday to get it registered (wish me luck — ugh). Once that's done, I can take it out and put it through its paces a bit. But it's running fine!

13. 210eddiep

210eddiep In Overdrive

Sweet!! Good luck at the dmv

14. JimmyMac

JimmyMac In Second Gear

Hey, everyone.

I'm JimmyMac and I'm about to drag my 72 Ranchero out from under the carport storage heap, give it some love, and make it my daily driver.
    ..that's the plan.

If there's a place in these forums to post progress and such, I'll likely start a thread there and give specifics of what I'm starting with and hopefully my adventures from start to finish if there's interest.

Just wanted to officially say howdy.

Howdy :)

15. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

Start a thread on your project in "The Stable" - everyone likes to follow member's progress and your effort will certainly be of interest.

16. MRC

MRC In First Gear

Hello, new member here. I'm a former owner of a '66 Ranchero 289 4 speed many years ago...looking for another '66 to build. I also like the '70 to '71 and '72. Keeping an eye out and hope to get one before winter hits.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  17. JimmyMac

JimmyMac In Second Gear

Will do.

Thanks a bunch for the tip.

18. tommy kansas

tommy kansas In First Gear

Hey Gang,
    I just picked up a "73 Ranchero 500, and I'm pretty excited about it. Forums are a great way to share knowledge, experience and ideas. I have a handful of vintage jap bikes ( one of which, i traded for this ranchero) and a '74 F-100 4x4.
    The ranchero is in pretty decent shape, the body is straight, but it is missing all the trim, and has been painted with what looks like house paint for pete's sake.
    the power plant looks like it's brand new. all of the ridiculous emission monkey-business is still there, all of the wiring, hoses, guards, stickers… it's pretty cool.
    The odometer says 38k, i'm assuming its 138k.
    My only real cause for concern with the rig, is, low oil pressure, and what seems to be like a dead cylinder. I'll pick your brains in the tech forum, but, I wanted to introduce myself here.

Glad to be on board,
    TK

JimmyMac likes this.
  19. Gammz

Gammz In Fourth Gear GOLD MEMBER

Welcome!!! Great forum. Has helped me a great deal along the way with my garbage.

JimmyMac likes this.
  20. mo.herbfarm

mo.herbfarm In Maximum Overdrive

That's a Mustang EFI set-up, if it wasn't already said. My '79 I used an oatmeal can for an extension in the intake duct. Interestingly, the cooling block for EGR inserted between the Throttle Body and Upper, was deleted on 1993 Cobra, eliminated that pesky, leaky little fluid hose visible just to right of the ISC. Beautiful set-up! mo.