1972 Ranchero Clutch Pedal Assembly

Discussion in 'Ranchero Parts Wanted' started by turbo377svt, Sep 19, 2017.

1. turbo377svt

turbo377svt In First Gear

Looking for Clutch Pedal Assembly for 1972 to 76 Ranchero 4sd.

2. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

Expensive and hard to find 72/3 only bolt pattern on fire wall different for 74/6

3. tertab28

tertab28 In Fourth Gear

Looking for the same thing. Want to convert Dory over to a 4 speed from Automatic.

4. FordR500GT

FordR500GT In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

Very expensive and hard to find as 5.0 Chero said

5. CJ Guy

CJ Guy In Maximum Overdrive

I've got a complete setup I'm looking to sell since I don't have my 72 anymore. I have the hump, what appears to be a NOS pedal assembly, complete 72 steering column w/key, Z-bar with linkage, NOS speedo cable, and I think the clutch fork, have to check the numbers though.

6. Lovinmy74

Lovinmy74 In Maximum Overdrive

Whats up CJ!!! It's about time you got rid of that 72...

7. Lovinmy74

because i have a 74......

8. FordR500GT

More
    Fond of a 74?

9. Lovinmy74

yep. because that's what I bought. And drove to death all over the west coast, then tore down and rebuilt, then fixed up, then raced crotch rockets with and won, and now it is the most awesome car there is, not because it's the fancy one but because it's my awesome car. I understand other members like their years too. but I don't just love 74's... I love my 74....

10. FordR500GT

Hre
    Great story. I do love my 74 the most as well. First ranchero I ever had. Still have it, but need an engine.

Lovinmy74 likes this.
  11. Lovinmy74

I still have a 73 (I think) cobra jet 4 bolt main never been bored block, crank that's questionable, and a set of Aussie 2 barrel heads with a 63cc combustion chamber that will give me close to 10-1 compression with dished pistons. (I want 2 barrel for low end torque) and these awesome folks helped me blueprint an honest 400+ motor over months of discussions years ago. I still have the plans and may soon be able to build sometime soon. CJ is the cam dude and ( I don't have the paperwork in front of me so I'm probably wrong) he picked out a 520 lift Isky cam, for metallurgy and they let you choose your scavenger profile. That's right CJ, It's been over 8 years and I still have the plan you helped with...

12. Lovinmy74

sorry for hijacking your thread, I've had too much cool whip on my pumkin pie and saw CJ, Had to give him a shout out, I have no parts for anything with a clutch.

FordR500GT likes this.
  13. FordR500GT

We all do it. Intentional or not.

14. CJ Guy

CJ Guy In Maximum Overdrive

Sup Dude, ya finally parted with her, she is a keeper, hope I sold her to a good home. I remember that cam back when I was looking for my build, no problems with my ISKY ~250hrs or so.

15. Lovinmy74

Well when I build my Female beast ( Because it will be a beast but I like females) I'm going to use that cam., because as you said two barrel heads cant move any more air than that anyway so no point in going any steeper, and isky lobes won't wipe out. I still remember all the info you contributed to a project I will do someday. thanks man.. I still wish I had the knowledge of this site on my first build. you should see my car now. I got tired of dumping money into it and put it up for sale, my old man bought it and turned it into a show car, now I got it back and I keep thinking I bought that damn car to drive... So very soon it;s going to be a show car that runs like a rocket!! But my dad can't know..

16. 72torino

72torino In First Gear

17. 72torino

72torino In First Gear

Was wondering if you still have the 4 speed parts? Thanks, Darrell 909-522-2351

18. FordR500GT

Unfortunately, those parts were sold to another member, @LSChero

19. ramair428cjxr7

ramair428cjxr7 In Overdrive

What's it worth. I've got a whole setup