Negative Experience with falconparts.com

Discussion in 'Seller Feedback' started by colnago, Dec 5, 2019.

1. colnago

colnago In Maximum Overdrive

All,

Some of you may remember that I had some recent problems with my column-mounted shift lever. I ended up buying a new shift-lever housing from falconparts.com. I only wanted to open up the column once, so I decided to order and install a new turn-signal switch at the same time. It installed fine, but the action was really stiff. Long story short, it was so stiff that the self-cancelling arms broke off during my commute the next morning.

I complained to falconparts.com that because the action was so stiff, they sold me a defective item. Unfortunately, they turned it into an installation issue, said it was my fault and my problem, and absolved themselves of any blame. I just wanted to give folks a heads-up that falconparts.com does not stand behind the items they sell, nor do they stand up for their customers.

2. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I completely disagree. I have nothing but good things to say about them, including easily returning an item I ordered incorrectly. I've ordered dozens & dozens of parts from them.

3. colnago

You disagree with my receiving a defective item? That's odd. I didn't think you were providing QA on his shipments. Or are you disagreeing that I had a negative experience?

4. beerbelly

"I just wanted to give folks a heads-up that falconparts.com does not stand behind the items they sell, nor do they stand up for their customers."

I completely disagree.

5. colnago

Okay, when have you had a defective part that he stood behind?

6. beerbelly

Falcon Enterprises has been in business 28 years. You don't stay in business that long by selling defective parts. I suspect there's more to this story.

TestDummy likes this.
  7. colnago

You didn't answer my question. I take that to mean that you have never had a negative experience. So what do you have upon which you are basing your complete disagreement?

Yes, there is more to the story. I ordered a part. I installed it. It broke. I investigated why it broke. I told him that I found that he sold me a defective part. He told me that he didn't, and that it was an installation issue.

8. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

Let's all take a deep breath and cut each other some slack, please. We don't need scorching flame throwers making the site unpleasant for each other - we've had enough of that over the years here. It is just unnecessary.

Not inclined to take sides. I appreciate the heads up. Doesn't mean that if I need a part and they have it I won't order it from them. I've had good and bad experiences from multiple vendors - some for the quality of parts, some for shipping costs, and some because they've just been rude.

Meanwhile, does anyone have any constructive insight as to why the part may have failed that could help the situation described in the OP? Is there some technique or nuance on installation that anyone knows that will help out?

Most of the parts available come from virtually the same manufacturer, sold by multiple vendors - and sadly, much of what is available to fix our cars really isn't up the standards of even the OE part that is now obsolete and unavailable in original quality, form and fit.

Please try to be helpful.

9. colnago

I am not asking anyone to take sides, or to boycott any particular vendor(s). I had a bad experience, and felt that I should give a heads-up to other forum members. I didn't expect to have to dodge flak and justify my post, however.

As to the part failure, it failed because it was defective. Period. I placed a $200 order with falconparts.com. This particular part was $50. It broke, and falconparts.com had no interest in meeting me halfway. My solution is to do business elsewhere. Anyone here can do as they please, and shop where they please.

10. DJ Clinton

DJ Clinton In Fourth Gear GOLD MEMBER

I replaced the same switch on my 64. Yes, the plastic is stiff. My instructions recommended bending the cancelling pin inward. I did replace the the steering wheel hub, which required a pin be installed in the hub, which needed to be bent.

11. colnago

I received no instructions. I, unfortunately, decided that the defective item was not defective, and would loosen on its own. However, falconparts.com called me a liar.

I just let falconparts.com know that since they will not attempt to work with me, I cannot work with them in the future. No matter what any individual posts (and you know who you are), MY experience was negative, and I will not deal with a dishonest business. Period.

As I said before, others can (and will) do as they choose. Just remember where your holiday dollars are going.

12. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

One time Wal-Mart ripped me off on a double-charge on a 12 pack of cola, but I got them back when they forgot to scan the big bag of dog food underneath the cart and I didn't tell them. So it all worked out.

13. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

No jury would convict you for that. No jury of your peers anyway. Peers being old white guys who work full time and have been ripped off by big corporations. We are a very large group.

Back to the topic. I've had good luck with Falcon Parts.

ForistellFord likes this.
  14. ForistellFord

I have never once had a bad experience with them. I have never once used them, however. So they're both right as far as I'm concerned.

15. TestDummy

But, if you did have a bad experience you would be against stealing from them, in a misdemeanor fashion, like you did at Walmart.

16. ForistellFord

Right, I would not try to steal from them. But if they sent me an extra part without charging, I may not say anything. Especially if it's dog food. Wasted money, that.

17. Huevos

Huevos In Maximum Overdrive

If it was me, I would send the part back to them and buy from another vendor, they might take a look at it and agree with you, they might not, either way you are only out the shipping to them.

18. ForistellFord

And the cost of the part. And the cost of the new part and shipping. But yeah, make a moral stand, that'll show'em.

19. Huevos

Huevos In Maximum Overdrive

I hear ya, but sometimes vendors don't know they are getting defective parts from their suppliers. It might help FalconParts to sell quality parts to guys like us.

20. TestDummy

I once installed a new turn signal switch in my mega-sweet 4-door Grand Torino, and it broke the first time I used it to signal a turn...turns out I put it in wrong. HAHAHAHA It's not hard to do it wrong, and nothing to be ashamed of. I wasn't ashamed. $4 and 10 minutes later, back in business. They probably cost more now.