Radio For My 67 Ranchero

Discussion in 'General Ranchero Help' started by Buds 67, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Buds 67

Buds 67 In Fourth Gear

Thanks for the info! I don't want to get something that won't work,& I refuse to cut my dash for a radio.

2. Buds 67

Buds 67 In Fourth Gear

Thanks! That is an option, was it an easy install ?

3. cbolt

cbolt In Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Buddy, there is a thread for the Ranchero Roundup. It is at the Daytona Speedway the end of March. The thread is under site information, the announcements area, bottom of the page of the forum topics.

March 27-29. Its a great event because it really isn't a show, more of a cruise in with a huge swap meet, car corral, vendors, and sometimes an auction. Plus they have activities outside the speedway after hours. So far only Andy and myself have attended, but we are hoping to change that because Andy brings a big old club banner, tents, and enthusiasm.

Plus, you can check out my awesome stereo. :cool:

Buds 67 likes this.
  4. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

If it weren't for money problems, I'd think about going to that. Sounds very cool.

Buds 67 likes this.
  5. Saff54

Saff54 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Yeah it was I built the face and cut out for the face of the receiver,painted the plywood,put 2 speakers in the back behind the seats,1 in each of the door panels,really short money with help from a friend,going down to the bat cave to check on it tomorrow (still a month or so before I can take it out,still lots of snow and salt on the roads here in the north east)I’ll take some pics and post them

Buds 67 likes this.
  6. Saff54

C050764A-6E26-4BE3-BAB9-7B001A55DD45.jpeg Hey buddy,pics of my system in the glove compartment

Buds 67 likes this.
  7. Saff54

81C84CEB-A6DA-4669-9F33-47E0D01DA884.jpeg

Buds 67 likes this.
  8. Buds 67

Buds 67 In Fourth Gear

Thank you so much! Great idea!!!

9. Saff54

Also has a remote clipped under the drivers side visor 00BF58B6-8FD6-4605-88CA-E9F814110D06.jpeg

Buds 67 likes this.
  10. davis

davis In Maximum Overdrive

Buds 67 likes this.
  11. davis

davis In Maximum Overdrive

nice, i did similar, though more rough. cut back of liner, made a bracket from plumbers tape and wired it up. i put my speakers in the storage cubby area on the walls. i removed the access panel and used one hole to mount the speakers. i ran the wiring down into the rail/scuff plate cover and up behind the kick panels. works and all hidden. i keep the remote in the ash tray.

Buds 67 likes this.
  12. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

On my Squire, I had an old-style aftermarket radio/tape deck in the stock location, plus a five-band EQ I put in place of the broken ashtray drawer. I then put 5' rounds in the doors and 6X9s in the cardboard cover of the cubby (it was ratty anyway. The rear speaker wiring went under the carpeting along the hump and the door wiring just stayed out of sight. Not sophisticated by any stretch of the imagination, but I was happy.

I want sophisticated for Babe, but not overcomplicated or expensive.

Buds 67 likes this.