Need Help Guys

Discussion in 'Ranchero Tech Help' started by SouthCarolinaRanchero, Aug 6, 2020.

1. burninbush

burninbush In Maximum Overdrive

BB, not messing around with your head on this = The modulator valve is connected to constant intake vacume, when you open the throttle quickly the vacume is reduced, not increased. The reduced vacume let's the modulator move a shuttle valve inside the trans. valve body causing a down shift. >> Hillbilly

+++++++

OK, no argument. When I wrote "create some vacuum" I meant that flooring the throttle will reduce vacuum (thus, higher absolute pressure) in the manifold -- causing the downshift to occur.

Hillbilly likes this.
  2. SouthCarolinaRanchero

SouthCarolinaRanchero In Third Gear

Any luck with those parts Sir?
    Not trying to rush you, just touching base....

Jerry 951 218 0501

3. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Got the lever, lock washer, and retaining nut that go on the transmission, still searching for a kick down rod that has intact plastic bushings in both ends. Older rods have inserts that are fragile and easily damaged while later ones have a considerably better plastic bushing in the ends. Holding out for the good ones. I know I have the good ones, it's a matter of where in the barn they are hidden.

4. Hillbilly

My barn looks like something out of that reality TV show on hoarders. I can't believe I was the person who ratholed all that stuff but there are years of just sticking parts inside the barn just to get them out of the weather. 30 foot by 70 foot of automotive stuff. It's bad to be a hoarder guys, especially when you discover a 64 Rivera and a 73 Catilina buried amongst the other assorted stuff. Going back out in the heat again this evening to search another section, wish me and Jerry luck.

5. Hillbilly

OK ! Found 6 assorted kick down rods, 4 are for God knows what. Two seem to be potential winners. I don't have a 400 mated to a C4 currently but do have a 400 two barrel with a C6 behind it and the two rods I picked will fit that combination. My guess is they can be tweaked to fit the C4.

6. SouthCarolinaRanchero

Ok Thanks.......keeping an eye out for the mail.

7. Hillbilly

Not sure what shipper my shipping gal used, but the parts are supposed to be headed your way.

8. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

That reminds me, I need to dig Babe's kickdown rod out, put a couple deeper bends in it and install it.

9. SouthCarolinaRanchero

Still waiting for them........

10. handy_andy_cv64

UPS, USPS or FedEx, all carriers are running slowly these days.

11. Hillbilly

How about a Priority Mail two day delivery package from Orlando taking two weeks to get here after traveling to Bismark, North Dakota then back to Tennessee ? Or another Priority Package from Wisconsin taking a week and not being trackable only to be delivered out of a private vehicle late on last Sunday night ? Or UPS loosing a complete new desktop Dell computer with printer for nearly a year ? What in Hell are they doing ?

12. handy_andy_cv64

Yup, it's happened to me. Matter of fact, wasn't it you sending me that Town Car cluster, that wasn't delivered and sent back? Or was that Andrew with the fuel filler and blower motor?

13. Hillbilly

Must have been Andrew, I don't remember sending a T-car cluster.

14. handy_andy_cv64

You did, it came out of a '93, for my brother's '90.

15. Hillbilly

Yeah, you are right. I did attempt to send you a cluster. Only now I don't remember if I really got it back or if it went missing.

16. handy_andy_cv64

It eventually got to me. My late brother was so appreciative that he finally had a cluster with a working gas gauge.

17. Sheriff

Sheriff In Second Gear

Don’t forget to vote by mail guys!

18. Hillbilly

I got as much faith in voting by mail as I do in the shipper finding the kick-down rods I sent to another member here. Slim to none.

19. Sheriff

Sheriff In Second Gear

That makes two of us.