Hiya, brand new to this forum. I recently rescued a 67 Fairlane Ranchero 500. I am happy to be here.

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Center' started by Rowen L Love, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Rowen L Love

Rowen L Love In Second Gear SILVER MEMBER

2. Jeff B

Jeff B In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

Welcome Rowen. What are your plans for the SixSeven?

Rowen L Love likes this.
  3. Rowen L Love

Hi, thanks for askin. The original 289 gave up the ghost so I've already put a crate 302 in it and redone some of the worst parts of the wiring. I'm not going to restore it as it is mostly original. It has earned its scars as have I. It's my new daily so itll be used for it's intended purpose, tow my small 12' home built bass boat, dump runs, etc. I love this thing and have desired one for years. Itll also go to few shows. As a fairly low production Ford and 1 yr only body style, (my research shows less than 10k of the 500 trim level built in 67) there will be some that have never seen one. I also have a 55 Crown Vic with a stroker 292 Y-block makin a lil over 300hp with a mustang WCT5. That's my hot rod.

pmrphil, Saff54, Kiwirancher and 2 others like this.
  4. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

A Crown Vic hot rod? With a Ford drivetrain? Say it isn't so, I love it! If you could favor us with pics of it also, in the Lounge section, we'd all be pickled tink!

Rowen L Love likes this.
  5. Rowen L Love

Will do. Right now. Please, lemme know what ya think of the ol girl

6. Sheriff

Sheriff In Second Gear

Welcome, nice to see another ‘67 around here. This is a great place for info and more often than not a few laughs.

Rowen L Love likes this.
  7. Master Blaster

Master Blaster In First Gear

Welcome, to the forum lots of good info and people here.

Rowen L Love likes this.
  8. Saff54

Saff54 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Hey Rowan,welcome,I agree with sheriff,nice to see another 67,definitely not many,especially here in the northeast,where you out of?

9. Rowen L Love

I am just northeast of Sactamento. Small town, Woodland. Yolo County

10. PonyExpressRider

PonyExpressRider In Maximum Overdrive

Welcome... been to and through Woodland a time or two... nice save! The painted bumpers are different.

11. Rowen L Love

Yeah, they suck! Lol. Someone had done the whole monochromatic look on it way back when. Grille, headlight bezels, tail lights, bumpers. Ugh! I stripped the grille, days worth of work, found OE headlight and tail light bezels that matched the patina in Canada, those were pricey. I'm looking for chrome bumpers now that will also match. This ol truck has seen some abuse in its life. Not only have they, the bumpers, been painted but they have been beat. Under that shitty paint job the chrome has large chunks peeled off. I may try and strip em but I dunno. Reason I got all the bezels was because when I stripped the first one, you chould see that it had been completely scuffed with sand paper. No way to get it out without sending them off to a pro. That's not gonna happen. Dont have the budget and it's my daily. I don't wanna have to worry about dings and dents, sooooo,...

12. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Hat's off to ya Rowan ! It get's driven and enjoyed, not sitting rotting away in a barn or fencerow. Give it time, eventually it will end up like the Crown Vic as I can tell you have been bitten by the bug and just like the rest of us will never say it is finished.

Lincolnut and Rowen L Love like this.
  13. Rowen L Love

Nice profile pic! Love those Boss 9's.

14. LSChero

LSChero In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

Born and raised in Fairfield,Surprised I havent seen your crown at local shows back then.Found my Vicky outskirts of winters siting alongside a farm house.Was bought in Davis,Hartz Ford.Still got license frame,I have no use for it if you want it...
    SAM_4780.JPG

Rowen L Love likes this.
  15. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

If you ever get a Boss 9 you will find it to be a love / hate relationship. Love the sound and grunt they have but fear abusing it because of the adventure of re-building it sticks in your memory. Just can't bring myself to find out where it runs out of air.

Rowen L Love likes this.
  16. Rowen L Love

Dont blame ya fer that. I feel the same way about my Y-block. Smokin the tires is about it. To much doe in it to abuse it.

17. Rowen L Love

It wouldn't have been a red n white 56?

18. Rowen L Love

Thanks but I'll decline your kind offer. Not sure where it was sold but it was built in San Jose. If I new for sure where it was sold I'd love to have a ring from the place.

19. T16592

T16592 In Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

love those stacked double headlights and whenever I see a '67 front end, it reminds me of those ford factory 427 fairlanes. looking forward to seeing pictures of your adventures

Saff54 and Rowen L Love like this.
  20. Rowen L Love

Screenshot_20200909-211434_Video Player.jpg Screenshot_20200909-211322_Video Player.jpg
    Thought maybe I'd give ya an update on the fires out here in California. This is ash from a fast moving grass fire that swept through a field about 10-12 mi from our place yesterday. Burnt near 1000 acres and a couple unoccupied out buildings. Closed down I-5 for a while. Thank the Lord no lives were lost! These are screen shots from a vid I took this morning. Thick ash covered everything. It was even inside my locked Ranchero. So thick when I was blowing it off I could only take 5-10 mins at a time. Took a while and 2 times to get enough of it out so as not to track it on the house. With my COPD it was tough. Anyone here in NorCal, good luck, stay safe, and God bless.