Looking for Grandpa's car

Discussion in 'Ranchero Parts Wanted' started by Sensei, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Sensei

Sensei In First Gear

I know this is a long shot. And if this does not go here I'm sorry. My wife's grandfather had a ranchero that he drove everywhere. It was originally orange and called the gypsy. He rattle canned it grey. After he could not drive anymore his oldest son took it to pheniox restored the car and painted it cream. When grandfather died he sold the car without letting the family know. My wife would like to find the car if possible. We know nothing about vin. We know it's a fish mouth 72 I believe. And that it was orange, then grey, then cream with some bad bondo done on the rear quarter panels. Picture of when it left colorado to pheniox. If the car is for sale we would like to know. If it's someone's baby we would like fist chance to buy it when they are ready to sell.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
    Lincolnut and Buds 67 like this.
  2. Buds 67

Buds 67 In Fourth Gear

Good Luck Sensei!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
  3. Sensei

Sensei In First Gear

Thank you

4. Sensei

Sensei In First Gear

Last picture we have

Attached Files:

• 713.jpeg
      713.jpeg
      File size:
      110.3 KB
      Views:
    Buds 67 likes this.
  5. PonyExpressRider

PonyExpressRider In Maximum Overdrive

It may cost you a few bucks... but some DMV's have the ability to look up the cars a particular owner had registered, in their name. That would give you the VIN. Then if it is still registered in that State. Getting the information about who last owned it, and their contact information may be a bit more tricky. But if you don't ask...

Good Luck!

6. Boiler92

Boiler92 In Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I tried to find the VIN on my 70 Camaro I sold back in 93 or 94 one day while I was at the BMV. I asked the nice lady if should could look up all the vehicles I had registered over the years. She said "sure".

My Camaro did not pop up on her computer search. She asked when I last owned it. I told her. She then informed me the computer record only goes back to 1995.

Arrrrgh.

PonyExpressRider likes this.
  7. PonyExpressRider

PonyExpressRider In Maximum Overdrive

WELL DAMN!!!