'65 Ranchero door weatherstrip issue

Discussion in 'Seller Feedback' started by beerbelly, Jul 2, 2021.

1. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

My driver side had a couple rips, so I ordered a replacement from JEGS, who offered individual sides, not a pair. I definitely ordered the correct part number, but it came in as a passenger side. Returned that, ordered the same from Summit, same deal.
    So I contacted the supplier for both, Precision Replacement Parts, and told them my issue. They asked that I send a photo of the new and the old (which I had kept), and the part numbers on the bag. Apparently they mis-marked many of the bags, they apologized, and said they will be sending the correct part ASAP.
    Sooo...
    Correct part number listing: 0
    Customer service: 10

1965 Ranchero 66G likes this.
  2. 1965 Ranchero 66G

1965 Ranchero 66G In Maximum Overdrive Unubtanium Member

Good follow up.

3. pmrphil

pmrphil In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Keep me posted on how it fits, I don't quite care for the ones on my Sprint. Way too puffy.

4. beerbelly

5. beerbelly

So I received a set for both sides from the manufacturer today, and the issue is the same- the bags are marked the opposite of what's in them. But I did a little sleuthing, and found some molding marks on the glue-side of the seals. Those also are marked wrong- the left (driver) side is stamped 'R', and vice versa. But at least I got the driver side seal I needed.

I contacted the manufacturer, and here's their response:
    I’m guessing the molds got marked incorrectly when we made this part years ago and we usually sell these as pairs and no one has said anything
    I appreciate you sending the photos and letting me know.

So if you only need a single seal from this manufacturer (Precision Replacement Parts, the only supplier I found that sold singles), then order the opposite of what they list. Their part number for a '64-'65 driver's LEFT side would be DWR 2311 60, passenger RIGHT side would be DWL 2311 60. Unless they re-label all their bags.....
    But hats off to them for great customer service.

image001.jpg image002.jpg

6. pmrphil

pmrphil In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Well, they're correct if you look at them incorrectly, right?? :confused: Or maybe the Polish way, everything is from the front looking back!! :eek:;)

7. beerbelly

The labels say they're made in Thailand, so maybe over there the driver is on the right??
    And to answer your question, yes, they're pretty puffy too; I had to slam the crap out of the door to get it to shut, but it should settle down in a while.