67 ranchero suspension

Discussion in 'General Ranchero Help' started by Ian Goolsby, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Ian Goolsby

Ian Goolsby In Second Gear

So i just updated my suspension with new heavy duty rear leafs and shocks. also did new front springs and shocks with new roller spring perches. My 67 is still sitting about an inch lower on the drivers side. Where do i look next to correct this?

2. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

Bent frame or suspension parts.
    A broken body mount.
    A bent fender.
    Or a fat girlfriend in the drivers seat.
    Those come right to mind.

PonyExpressRider likes this.
  3. pmrphil

pmrphil In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Do the new front springs measure the same now that they're installed? Somewhere, either front or back, there has to be a measurement that is off, when you find that, it will at least give you a direction to look. On my 67 I had to shorten one front spring to equalize the installed height, after first putting the rear on stands and getting the frame square to the floor, found one (new) front spring measured 3/4" longer installed height. Instead of returning them, I cut a bit off the coil (twice :oops:) and made it sit level. That was mine, yours may be different.

4. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

That reminded me.
    When I replaced the springs on my E200 the stock spring on the passenger side was thicker than the drivers side. The new ones were both the same.
    I was concerned about it not setting level but it ended up OK. It does dive a little more on that side during hard braking though.