69 R code project

Discussion in 'The Stable' started by Dyno, Jun 20, 2017.

1. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Ah, OK, medium rise, who was the manufacturer?

2. PonyExpressRider

PonyExpressRider In Maximum Overdrive

I just figured he was tired of reruns and was listening to the PBR in the background. :rolleyes:o_O

3. Dyno

Dyno In Fourth Gear

Not stamped with any manufacturer name, got them from Odessa cylinder heads in Fla. They say copy of edelbrock heads , 1/2" deck thickness, chamber CC's are a few , set up for lift you spec. I pulled a valve when I got them and didn't like the valve job so had a local shop redo, they said that the valve job wasn't sealed but rest was good quality parts. Ended up still a lot cheaper than edelbrock's.
    Reruns send me to garage, unless like today hot and humid, Ac monster wins! Still nothing on tv but I didn't sweat thru everything.

PonyExpressRider likes this.
  4. handy_andy_cv64

Yeah, I'm getting 'acclimated' to the humidity here in South Texas (pushed myself too hard Monday, got very close to heat exhaustion), but when I walk indoors, it feels like manna from Heaven. I just have to have a fan blowing on me to hurry up the cooldown. Interesting that the heads are called 'copies' of Edelbrock heads, but no apparent manufacturer's name. Hopefully, they'll work well for you. Keep the pics coming!

5. Dyno

Dyno In Fourth Gear

Yeah Texas does get hot , spent some time working thru parts of it. Don't push yourself to hard.
    Heads are a "Chinese" copy as I understand it. A lot of the intakes and heads for different companies are cast and then imported under a variety of names. Usually ok copies and work reasonable to the name companies that they copy. Sometimes Ya just have to roll the dice !
    Pics as progress is made.

6. Dyno

Dyno In Fourth Gear

Finally got the fans mounted on rad and installed. Slightly tight in there! Start working on wiring them up next. Also got trans mount swapped and driveshaft installed. Driveshaft went to smooth put in trans slid back to bolt up and didn't have to rotate joint was lined up. I'll take dumb luck any day.
    Made the mounts at work in spare time it's nice having the equipment available.

Attached Files:

7. handy_andy_cv64

You bought a Lotto ticket or ten, right?

8. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I'm gettin' chilly just looking at it!

9. Dyno

Dyno In Fourth Gear

No lotto ticket, figured used all my luck up.

10. handy_andy_cv64

Can't think that way, man, you don't know unless you play!

11. Dyno

Dyno In Fourth Gear

Been a while since the last update. Staying to busy between work , car house and buying new hunt cabin on 10 acres don't leave much free time, has a way of tightening things up.
    Have her ready for final paint. Wait for shop to have an opening. Here's a few pics of engine compartment.

Attached Files:

PonyExpressRider and LSChero like this.
  12. PonyExpressRider

Looks very familiar! :rolleyes: Can't wait to see the final color.

Are you missing the "S" tube and heat riser shield for the breather? I might have a source if you need them. Have to dig through my receipts and email. But got them out of Florida if I remember correctly.

13. Dyno

Dyno In Fourth Gear

PER: Indian fire is on the cowl and that is the color. Will look a lot different on whole car I'm sure..
    Don't have those parts currently other stuff to spend the $ on. Appreciate the offer of help though!
    Dropped stainless off to be polished up and the rear bumper for rechrome today. Still lots of parts to buy!!

14. PonyExpressRider

That was easier then I thought it would be... I kept a spread sheet, and found the purchase. Then went to email archives...WAHLAH! So when you are ready...

may not hurt to tell him you are a previous customer referral.
    http://ascmclaren.com/
    Henry <info@ascmclaren.com>

Parts list never ends... until you say it ends! LOL!!!

Dyno likes this.
  15. Dyno

Dyno In Fourth Gear

Well here's a little update . Still waiting on body shop opening for final paint. They were working on a '68 barracuda car was a Ken Montgomery car if memory serves right ( couple months ago). He was very close to Ronnie Sox on the 4 speed.
    Any who lucked out at the bone yard a couple weeks ago found a fuel sending wiring harness !! Grabbed it off a '66 Futura station wagon Here's pic and wire number.
    Hung front and rear bumpers on the car also, new chrome on the original bumpers.

Attached Files:

LSChero likes this.
  16. PonyExpressRider

17. Dyno

Dyno In Fourth Gear

Headway !!?? Loaded car up this morning for trip to body shop, paint time !
    Here's some pics including some already painted parts. Now the wait for color and assembly..

Attached Files:

Boiler92 likes this.
  18. handy_andy_cv64

I saw a freshly-painted Fishmouth on a trailer yesterday, but I wasn't able to get a pic of it. But the trailer ride for painting is always a resto car's highlight.

19. PonyExpressRider

SWEET! Did they say when you should have it back?

20. handy_andy_cv64

It was the Fishmouth that got away....