6R80 behind a FE Engine

Discussion in 'Ranchero Tech Reference & Articles' started by grebaba, May 12, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Anton Olafsson

Anton Olafsson In Second Gear

How is the swap going?

2. grebaba

grebaba In Fourth Gear

Real slow.
    Last year I was contracting some installs for a company in Houston and they have keep me busy.
    Some of my installs have been in Amarillo, Santa Fe, Corpus Christy and Kansas city.
    With the travel time and having to do 3 or 4 installs a month I just havn't had time to work on any of my projects.
    I can't afford to stop as I get up to $2500.00 a day for the commercial jobs.
    Then in Dec. I got covid and was laid up till Jan. 17th. No fun.
    I am hopeing to get some time this year to finish both projects as I have every thing but time.
    Greg

3. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

It's funny (not in a comical way) how these days, people have money, but zero time to themselves, or, like me, all the time In the world, but zero money.

RANCHEROROB and Hillbilly like this.
  4. grebaba

grebaba In Fourth Gear

Yeah I have been there.
    I have had times where there was no work at all and decided that when there was a chance to make some money I had better take it.
    With young people deciding that they don't want to get their hands dirty it leaves a lot of opertunity [sp?] for people who don't mind washing their hands.
    I have been working on the 71 for 4 years now and hope to get it together this year or next.
    Greg

5. RANCHEROROB

RANCHEROROB In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

OR someone has the time and the money but are too lazy or too old. :D

6. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Them folk's few 'n' far 'tween.