72 ranchero interior arm rest questions

Discussion in 'General Ranchero Help' started by 72 5.4 triton, Jun 4, 2016.

1. 72 5.4 triton

72 5.4 triton In Second Gear BRONZE MEMBER

20160603_192532.jpg 20160604_114553.jpg so i was on ebay one day just looking around and came across some arm rest 71 to 79. i purchased them for 46 bucks they look great but yesterday i was out looking at my truck getting ready to pull of the body and saw my new arm rests won't work. They fit my 79 was there an option for two different interiors if so what do I have? Also waiting for ebayer to get back to me to see if they will take them back since i just now opened the box i got in April. If not they are up for sale i believe they have been dyed but they look great.

2. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I would think there'd only be two options, power windows/locks and no power accessories. Is it possible they're for a full-size?

72 5.4 triton likes this.
  3. 72 5.4 triton

I did find new armrest on mac's around 80 plus shipping. so when the time comes to do the interior if i haven't found anything on ebay cheaper i guess i will get them. So much for a good deal.

4. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Yeah, that's the only problem with eBay/Craigslist--you're responsible for ensuring it fits, even if the seller has erroneous info. I do my best to give correct info, and have never had anyone buy something that didn't fit their vehicle.

5. tony o

tony o In Third Gear

Your 72 has the sport door panels not the standard interior door panels.

6. Steve 74gtQ

Steve 74gtQ In Overdrive

I got my armrests for my 74 from dearborn they were proper color and fit great. 32 bucks pass 38 drivers
    I also got new plastic bases from auto krafters 20160227_113048.jpg for 25 bucks each

LSChero and 72 5.4 triton like this.
  7. LSChero

LSChero In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

Macs had sport panel arm rests a couple months ago.Thinking was 85.00 pair.Took a while to get em.I hear china is a long boat ride!
    SAM_3298.JPG

8. Steve 74gtQ

Steve 74gtQ In Overdrive

Yea I here they so many people there boats are huge but have port holes just above the water line for the oars

9. 72 5.4 triton

LSChero i just saw them there. What did you use for your soundproofing on your floor pans

10. LSChero

LSChero In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

No name 5x10 roll I picked up at Turdlock swap meet.The vender was from socal,sorry,I don't have any info on product I tossed the label.Probley more of heat
    barrier than sound,but pretty durable stuff and cheap 60$.Maybe Carl knows the vender...