7th annual Southeastern Ranchero USA Roundup Oct 27, 2012

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by As Is '66, Apr 22, 2012.

1. BillyC

BillyC In Fourth Gear

Roundup pics

Will send them to you this afternoon

2. BillyC

BillyC In Fourth Gear

2012 pics

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

Nice Ranchero pics there Billy!!!
    I wish I`d fount you all saturday!
    I see you figured that new photobucket out... :D

4. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

You guys should have met with Dennis at the Round-up. More Ranchero's the better.

5. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

You touched on the problem down here Sean. Southern Ranchero owners as a whole seem to be loners. There are tons of show quality Rancheros but you hardly ever see them. You'll pass them on the street but when you try to get a close up look they are like chasing ghosts. The owners obviously know how to source parts but untill very lately you'd never see their Rancheros in any shows or events. I don't know if this is from a lack of communication or if it's just that most Ranchero owners are a different breed of cat that hunts on it's own. There's at least ten super nice Rancheros in my area but I haven't a clue as to who the owners are. I bet Billy C. has the same deal in the Franklin area.

6. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

There seem to be zero Rancheros on the roads around here, show quality or not. Sadly, I rarely see anything pre-1990 anymore, unless it's a pickup truck. I'm sure they're out there, but they sure aren't out there in any fair number near me. I do see plenty of older cars when I get out of the rust belt though.

7. TestDummy

In my old hometown, Clarkston, MI, I had twice seen a 1971 Ranchero GT driving past. When I'd give chase, I'd lose it. Never saw it at a show, or nothin', in 6 years. It seems you're correct; most Ranchero owners are loners or bat-truck psychotic. At least some of them take their Ranchero's to shows.

8. Rancherous

Rancherous Administrator Staff Member

Most Rancheros I have ever seen in one place was at Carlisle All Ford Nationals and there were probably 25 ish there. For the 50th anniversary of the Chero. We had about 10 from here and the other 15 were others we did not know.

9. As Is '66

Yeah Billy, I really appreciate that we could all gather up at Carlisle in 07...
    We got us another venue here in Dawsonville now too...
    As from the pics, I count 6 Rancheros involved in the Fords carshow, there were several more at Dawsonville in other areas too though...
    We`re making plans fer our 8th annual Southeastern RancheroUSA Roundup...
    Y`all plan to be there too...

10. BillyC

BillyC In Fourth Gear

Ranchero sightings

Most I have seen at one place besides my yard was Dawsonville. Johnny(77GTSC) had pictures on his phone of his 57 72 & 77. Maybe he will bring one next year. Seldom see any around Nashville. Falcon Clubers have several 64 65s & couple round bodies. Friday night cruise has a 57, 67, 74 at times.
    Millionaire car dealer has real nice 67 & 68 as atttention getters on front row of his used car lot.
    Several on craigslist now. Real nice 77GT 23K miles.

11. As Is '66

8th annual Southeast Regional RancheroUSA Roundup...

I`m EXCITED!
    Hillbilly, are you familiar with Walt? Did you meet him BillyC? How `bout you Lisa? I believe you have met him Steven??? And Rob, your Fords affiliation, you may know him well??

Walt Simonds is the head organizer for this Dawsonville FORDS Carshow show... I met him at our RancheroUSA gathering @ Fords Show & Shine in Mc Donnough earlier this year...(another good chance to enhance exposure)

I`ll be working real close with Walt and volunteers with the Ford Owners Association at our next Dawsonville event...(and other events)
    We will have our designated parking area fer Ranchero Enthusiasts...
    Hopefully this new found relation with FOA will benefit RancheroUSA and all Ranchero owners in our southeastern region...
    What with the MoonShine festival to draw the people, our website club will get much exposure...
    I too am seeking volunteers fer that weekend during our 8th annual Southeastern Region RancheroUSA Roundup...
    Not quite as large a gathering of Fords, but, much like the Carlisle event gave RancheroUSA exposure this will help get our club recognized and help in growing it...
    We did pick up a few members and many more viewers from the Carlisle event exposure...

The more effort put into this now, the less work we`ll have to do the weekend of the events AND Hopefully RancheroUSA will be represented with many of our Rancheros in show...

12. Rancherous

Cool Dennis ;)

13. As Is '66

14. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Yessir' Dennis ! Walt is one of the good guys in our hobby. We also need to let a few of the behind the scenes folks know about our interest in these orphan Fords. Folks like Jackie, Dickie Brannan, David Pearson, the Elliot Brothers. Dennis, you remember the little shindigs in Cumming and at Atlanta Motor Speedway ? Pretty good showing, eh ? Next time you up here we need to get Dad to open up his Rolodex and make a few calls to folks what don't even think their Rancheros are anything special. He likes you cause ' you down to earth and like to learn. Maybe both of us can get him to open up ? Whoooo ! Grumpy last night, new hip is bothering him but he's already planning on us going to PA. in 13. Can't hurt to ask, eh Dennis ?

15. ForistellFord

A guy I work with that lives in your area was saying that when they moved there, they almost bought a house in Cumming. But the wife just couldn't come to grips with telling everyone where she lived so they moved to Marietta. Anyway, way to go all you Ranchero ambassadors.

16. As Is '66

but he's already planning on us going to PA. in 13. Can't hurt to ask, eh Dennis ?
    UNQUOTE

Well then I`ll ask ~ Can I go too??? I promise not to tear up nothing but asphalt and tires!!!
    Check with Dad and see if he could an extra hand, huh?

17. Rancherous

PA is lots closer than GA. I will definitely meet up with you guys. ;)

18. TestDummy

But PA is further than GA, if you live in GA. Regardless, I can be in Carlisle in 4 hours.

19. ForistellFord

PA, and GA, are both closer to me than MA and CA. But anyway.

20. As Is '66

I must be addicted!!!
    I`ve got plans to attend the Original Ranchero Roundup in Washington, I`ve attended our RancheroUSA gatherings in PA ,TN and GA