At the track

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by franmosso, Apr 19, 2016.

1. airford1

airford1 In Maximum Overdrive

Getting old is not for sissys. I am 63 and have had too many visits to the Hospital. I have been dealing with Bladder Cancer for 12 years and it finally decided to break out and require more surgery. Well that being said the surgery exposed it to the rest of my body and that some what forced me to follow up with 16 weeks of Chemo therapy . I just finished the last treatment a week ago and I will not do that again. I'm not really down about it because I live in the greatest country EVER and have had access to the best heath care in the history of mankind. What kills me is to see the kids and young adults that are cheated at the opportunity of a healthy life. I still have some things to do and don't have an appointment with God, yet. Planning on a full racing schedule as I'm retiring this next month. Thank you for the kind words and I will keep posting the drags.
    [​IMG]I expect that if you are at Fontana and see my trucks in the pits you better stop by.

2. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

Yup, when a man sits down, he dies.
    All too often in a slow and painful way.

3. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

Sounds like you have the right attitude about adversity.
    You are right, as a person ages the challenges get harder.
    Those of us that keep going through the obstacles set before us don't do it due to luck of an easy life, we do it because the process of overcoming obstacles IS life.

airford1 likes this.