Body mounts\bushings...

Discussion in 'General Ranchero Help' started by Torrance00, Mar 20, 2005.

1. Torrance00

Torrance00 In Fourth Gear

Does anyone know how many body mounts there
    are? Any idea what was the original size?
    Finished doing the suspension on my 77
    today.. just need to install new brake fluid
    and a few minor adjustments, but think I
    might go ahead in install new body mounts...
    All new rear bushings
    new front bushings, all new ball joints, tie-rod
    ends, strut-rod bushings..
    Newer coil springs from a 2000\2002 Crown vic
    police car.. removed about 3/4 to 1" from both
    ends of the spring..
    Cut one coil from the bottom of the front
    coil..!.1\4"
    New inner and outer front wheel bearings,
    synthetic diff. oil
    Ranchero sits pretty level now..except
    when taking messurements at each wheel well
    lip to the ground. I'm thinking its the
    body mounts...
    Been fun, the rain really slowed down this
    part of the project..
    Best
    To bad the cross drilled rotors did not
    play out.

2. ken the dane

ken the dane Guest

Hey. You will need 12 body mounts.
    Notice. the two of'em in front, is different.

3. Mysticle31

Mysticle31 Guest

I'm curious, what else did you do to the suspension and what did you get in the rear? How well do you like it, Do anything to the sway bars? What did you do to the breaks...?

4. Dan the ranchero man

Dan the ranchero man MODERATOR Staff Member

Torrance, You have 12 on the body with 10 uppers and 10 lowers the other two that mount over the rear wheel well are different from the two peice type you have on the rest of the body. That one is a one peice that has a nipple that fits into a hole on the frame. The core support for the radiator adds another 4 peices. Plus you have two solid rubber pieces on the frame that sit right under the door and you will not see those until you lift the body off the frame. That brings the total up to 16 body mounts from bumper to bumper. Now all the part number information I have is for the 72-79 ranchero EXCEPT those two body mounts I mentioned above the rear wheel well that press into the frame. The reason is because I replaced all the mounts on my 74 not the 79. I will give you the Ford part numbers as well as after market part numbers and a place to get them. I will start with the after market these will only cover the body mounts 10 upper 10 lower. MO2350 LOWER, MO2348 UPPER these are energy suspention part numbers. You can buy from (www.jeeperz-creeperz.com) ph# (888-281-0681) Now if you want to get the rest of the mounts you can send an e-mail to a Dan sexton at Daystar in Phoenix, AZ (Dan@daystarweb.com) or call 623-907-0081. Explain to them what you need they may have you send a fax with dimentions and they will match something up and give you a part number. From that point you should be able to find the part. (all these parts are polyurethane). Now here are some of the Ford part numbers for NOS mounts. I will try and group them together because ford like to take parts obsolete the part number and give the same part a new numbers also some of the numbers are for thunderbird that work well too. So with that said you can have parts that have more that one part number! Here are the radiator core support numbers first upper:D6SZ-6500396-A, D3OZ-6500396-A. lower: D7OZ-6500155-A, D3OZ-6500155-A. now for the upper body: D2OZ-6500396-D, D2OZ-6500396-E, D40Z-6500396-A, D5SZ-6500396-C. lower body: D2OZ-6500155-C, D5OZ-6500155-A. now for that rubber peice I descibed that is on the frame under the door: D2OZ-5A103. Hope this helps! And for the rest of you guys looking for these mounts on your 72-79 rancheros copy this page because my two typing fingers are burned out!!!!

rancheromac likes this.
  5. azcolin

azcolin In Maximum Overdrive

6. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

cOLIN you BEEN cAMPIN yET???????

7. azcolin

azcolin In Maximum Overdrive

nope, but l am going to the U.K. for the summer, got a job in dublin and looking at buying a 96 ford mondeo 1.8 diesel there as a summer beater :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

[ March 27, 2005, 12:43 AM: Message edited by: azcolin ]

8. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

thats Cool what are the Pheonix yard going to do with out you. They will go broke!

9. Torrance00

Torrance00 In Fourth Gear

Thanks Dan

10. abrewsterarchitect

abrewsterarchitect In First Gear

this post is the gift that keeps on giving. thanks dan

11. abrewsterarchitect

abrewsterarchitect In First Gear