Buyer beware or nothing is "simple"

Discussion in 'The Stable' started by RancheroRandy, May 17, 2021.

1. RancheroRandy

RancheroRandy In Overdrive

So I finally got my new seat actually about a month sooner than Summit said it would arrive which was nice and I sold my other seats in one day on CL! However, installing turned out to be not so much fun... :(

Now not to whine but this is the reality of things: since I'm missing body parts and the lingering effects of an injury doing seemingly simple things can turn into unbelievably difficult/frustrating/painful tasks especially when things are not manufactured correctly and of course you find it out after you thought all was "good". :mad:

So my nice new seat's adjustment mechanism had a mis-drilled hole (there were two but neither worked) that would not allow one side of the adjusting catch to work in tandem with the other side and I did not know this until I had remounted the seat. After numerous attempts to try and fix it while it was still mounted and rereading the "instructions" (pfft!) I took it off and figured out where the hole should have been drilled... new correct hole drilled.jpg new seat1.jpg :eek:

Boiler92 and beerbelly like this.
  2. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I know it wasn't easy for you, but damn that seat looks good in there. Glad you got it figured out. Did you use the Scat mounts, and if so, what part number?

3. cbolt

cbolt In Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Those are the same seats I have and used the scat mounts without issue. Sorry you had such a difficult time with your installation.

4. RancheroRandy

Procar mount.jpg
    I have had other Procar seats and was surprised, somewhat, by the difference in the seat adjustment system compared to my other seats. I got the usual standard response back from Scat/Procar...and promptly replied they were clueless about their Malaysian (sorry, but had to throw that in) made product. The seat is nice and I will be ordering another soon but wanted to alert people that they need to check the mechanism very closely to make sure everything works as it should before mounting...it is VERY stiff without putting your body weight on it to "help" in moving it back and forth... the mount is the standard Procar system.

Last edited: May 18, 2021
    Boiler92 likes this.
  5. RancheroRandy

Got my other seat in and yes, I had to modify the adjuster (locate and drill another hole) just like my other...done deal and much happier with the looks and feel.. new seats completed.jpg