Choosing a header....

Discussion in 'Ranchero Tech Help' started by drlance, Jun 14, 2011.

1. drlance

drlance In Fourth Gear

I have searched all over and can not find a set of headers for my 79 ranchero with a 302 and automatic, column shift and A/C.
    Actually I can't find headersw for any 79.....
    So-o-o-o-o.....I am asking what headers DO fit the 79 chassis???
    Or am I stuck with 'shorty' headers for a 5.0 mustang?

Thanks for any help you can supply.

2. LSChero

LSChero In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

Started with Flow-tech long tube headers,but interfered with AOD linkage-pan.Patriots med. lenght fit perfect,installed motor,trans,exhaust one shot!Ceramic coating makes big differance,looks and heat radiation.Highly recommend these units,fit and finish is nice.Got them from summit.I can get part# if ya need Doc.[​IMG][​IMG]

3. DonC

DonC In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Hope it works out for you. Finding one for a 63-65 is a bit of a pain also. Did you try Doug's.

4. DonC

DonC In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I agree, I had just sent them info for my setup and they responded quickly. Their price is pretty high though but very helpful and backed up a month or two.

5. krehmkej

krehmkej In Third Gear

I had the same problem with my '78 (351W). Finally installed Hedman #88650 headers. They are listed for an earlier model. The flanges hit right on where the firewall curves back into the floorpan. I cut the flanges off and welded on extensions of 3" tubing. Then had them coated.
    The local muffler shop then finished the job adding connectors, etc.

[​IMG]