core support postion

Discussion in 'Ranchero Tech Help' started by inenidok, May 18, 2011.

1. inenidok

inenidok In Overdrive

I got a question here, my core support i have to remake the lower part to hold the Rad. well i got it mocked up on the frame and striaght, and i took some measurments and used an angle finder and i found that the rad, sets with a backwards tilt of 15 degrees. this is with the frame level. at a 0 degree, core support is also at a 0 deg. also but the top hold downs are at 15 deg tilt and the hole opening for the air to pass through is at a 15 degree from this point. just trying to make sure this is correct i would like to get this fixed tomorrow before i have to go get a tumor cut out at the doctors tomorrow afternoon.

2. krehmkej

krehmkej In Third Gear

What you describe is how mine fits. The top brackets control the angle of inclination.

3. inenidok

inenidok In Overdrive

cool just wanted to know if i was correct on the measuring, because i have to fab everything below the core support mounts there is nothing there anymore, so i got to make the whole entire bottom mount, and these core suporrts are hard to find and if you find one the shipping is ungodly high, but it will be a few days before i get out there to work on in due to the stitches in my leg.

4. abrewsterarchitect

abrewsterarchitect In First Gear

I am encountering the same exact situation. But how did that tumor removal work out? Hope all is well. Allan

5. krehmkej

krehmkej In Third Gear

5 years on, mins is rock solid. No more radiator falling out.
    Did you see the images in another thread of what I did?