found some parts but weird deal ?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by inenidok, Nov 6, 2011.

1. inenidok

inenidok In Overdrive

well i found some rust free parts for my chero about 300 miles away. well good prices and even a rust free hood. well in the contacting of this person i could never get a phone call they refused to call or i call them. they wanted me to go there this sunday and buy the parts which i would love to buy but i have yet to speak to them by phone and i have no address where to go and i guess they wanted to meet a pre arragned location, they would give me before i leave in an email. which i thought was odd and i am having to pay a guy i know 200 bucks to take me there and bring me back. another thing was strange why would you cut up a prefect rust free torino with no body damage and no rust? i could never get a answer from them i did not know if i was dealing with a female or a male i had no idea who i was meeting or what. so saturday i back out of the deal just makes me uneasy with no contact info no human contact and not knowing a head of time where i am going. just to odd for me what do you all think

2. Giska1

Giska1 In Maximum Overdrive

Looks like a kind of scam, or it has to be stolen gods:eek:

3. hawk

hawk In Fourth Gear

I think you did right. If I'd gone there under those circumstances I wold arrive early and had pistol handy.Sounds strange.

4. ramair428cjxr7

ramair428cjxr7 In Overdrive

parts

sounds like a new episode of 48 hours

5. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

One should always have a pistol handy. That goes without saying.
    I've turned the tables on would be scammers, it is an enjoyable experience.

6. DonC

DonC In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Very strange deal, would not have gone myself.

7. Denny

Denny In Maximum Overdrive

Yeah, maybe if it was local, but I wouldn't drive that far for such a strange deal, no matter how good the deal sounds.

8. inenidok

inenidok In Overdrive

yeah i think i made the right call too myself i am glad i was not the only one that would question the deal.

9. Kev250R

Kev250R In Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

You did the right thing. Just curious was this a Craigs List deal? I love CL and have yet to really have a bad experience however I did have a strange experience a little over a year ago. I found a guy selling a Delta cross-bed tool box which I thought would be great for a truck I'd bought for my Niece. The price was very good so I called the guy. He sounded like a stoner on the phone, then he mentioned he was a high school band teacher. We agreed on a time and I asked him for his address. he said even if he gave it to me I wouldn't be able to find his house with a GPS. Instead he told me to meet him at a local pizza place, he said (I'm not making this up) he'd be on a skateboard.

I talked to him a few more minutes and finally got a house number and street name out of him. Plugged it into Google Maps on my BlackBerry and took a drive. I was waiting for him outside of his house a few minutes before we we're supposed to meet at the Pizza place and to see the look on his face you'd think I'd just pulled-up in a spaceship! He got paranoid and asked me (several times) how I'd found his house (he swore he hadn't told me his address on the phone). The funny part was he lived in a heavily populated tract of homes near a mall; even without GPS I could have found his house just by knowing his address.

So I checked-out the tool box. It was as he'd described and much better than I had been expecting. I asked if he had a key to the locks and he said they were in his house. He quickly ran-off and I could hear him yelling at his wife and slamming doors. He returned a few minutes later with a handful of keys, none the type which would open a tool box (he tried house keys, a couple of car keys, etc.) two more trips into the house and he finally found the key, helped me load the box in my niece's truck. I paid him and was on my way.

It's funny, as I was driving down to the guy's house I was regretting my choice of not bringing someone with me just in case things got dangerous. Driving home I regretted not bringing someone with me just so I'd have had someone with me to share a few laughs with!

Sorry for 'Jacking your thread but I just had to share!

Kevin