Front disc brake swap kits

Discussion in 'General Ranchero Help' started by JonVeeDub, Jun 3, 2018.

1. JonVeeDub

JonVeeDub In Second Gear

Right now I'm running drums on all corners, which is fine with the inline 200 but, I'm planning a swap to a small block.
    I know its a common swap but, I'd like to hear from people who have done the whole shabang. From master cylinder to calipers. Which kit did ya'll go with? Did you have to install a portioning valve?

Thanks for the help

-Jon

2. DJ Clinton

DJ Clinton In Third Gear GOLD MEMBER

I bought the front disc kit from Mac's, and the new dual master(with proportioning valve) in Amazon. Everything went together well, except that I ended up having to replace most of the brake lines too as the connecting ends were rusted. Other than a couple of leaks initially, it didn't take long to make the switch. I also replaced everything on the rear brakes(cylinders, springs, lines etc). Worth it as a safety

Attached Files:

JonVeeDub likes this.
  3. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

Several avenues you can take for me since this is a learning experience and a father son project I would not use a kit I would find ford parts not sure where in Nocal you are but there are lots Pick n pulls around to scrounge parts

JonVeeDub likes this.
  4. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

5. JonVeeDub

JonVeeDub In Second Gear

Thanks for the heads up! I have a ton of NiCop I'm using for my other project, I find it relaxing making brake lines. Thanks for the reply

6. JonVeeDub

JonVeeDub In Second Gear

That is something I didn't think about. That would be fun taking the boy to a pick and pull yard

7. JonVeeDub

JonVeeDub In Second Gear

8. RANCHEROROB

RANCHEROROB In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

16 years old to enter a pick n pull (some are 18)

also check out some ford granada brake kits

9. JonVeeDub

JonVeeDub In Second Gear

Even if they are with an adult? I guess I can always check. If not, that's ok. He'd probably get freaked out by spiders