Harbor Freight Reciprocating Saw

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by 1978GT, Aug 21, 2022.

1. 1978GT

1978GT In Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Need a reciprocating saw for a small remodeling job and other occasional uses, decided to get the 6 amp unit at Harbor Freight for $30. Lo and behold, my local HF is holding a parking lot sale this weekend including that saw for $20! Great timing, snagged one yesterday. Don't need a high priced brand name saw for occasional use, and don't even care if it shorts out or jams up after a few years. Sometimes it pays to buy bargain tools.

HF Reciprocating Saw 57806.jpg

Kiwirancher and Hillbilly like this.
  2. Kiwirancher

Kiwirancher In Fourth Gear

Score ! I bought a 4” disc grinder about 10 years ago for $20 . Occasional use , still going strong. And a jigsaw for $40 a few weeks ago , did the job I needed it for. May not use it again for years.
    Denis.

3. 1978GT

1978GT In Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Thanks, Denis. Buying a new tool is good for the soul!

4. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Christmas '04, HF had a December 26th sale, and they advertised a 3-ton floor jack for half off, $49.95. I was there at their door when they opened, snagged one of those bad boys, and to this day, that sonofagun wakes the neighborhood when I drag it along the pavement. I just used it Saturday on my wagon.
    So, yeah, cheap tools work on occasional use, but when you have one that is 18 years old, and has even gone so far as to roll a 4X4 Toyota with a busted front suspension into the shop, you really cut a fat hog you-know-where.