Headers

Discussion in 'General Ranchero Help' started by Callout, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Callout

Callout In First Gear

What headers (mfg. & part #) fit a '74 GT with a 351C 2V ?
    Need to replace the ones in the car that have no # or name I can find.
    Thanx

2. Callout

Callout In First Gear

Ttt

No one has a '74 with headers ??

3. Tim70ranchero

Tim70ranchero In Overdrive

4. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

5. Callout

Callout In First Gear

Thanks-

for the replies, but none fit the '74 with the 351C 2V.
    That is, none that I saw at either site.

6. TestDummy

Have you tried Torino, as well? Aren't the 351C headers all the same, 2V or 4V? The differences are in valve and combustion chamber size, I thought. Also, I think 72-76 are the same, header-wise.

7. ramair428cjxr7

ramair428cjxr7 In Overdrive

from what ive seen u can use the 4v headers on a 2v head because the header opening is bigger than the head opening. that would make useing thre 2v header on a 4v head impossible ,because the header opening is smaller the the head opening . i bought a cpl different header flanges to make headers for my model a

8. Callout

Callout In First Gear

Well yes, I thought the Torino and Ranchero would be interchangeable, but a couple sites specifically stated "will not fit Ranchero" but did fit Torino.
    I'll look into using the 4V headers on the 2V heads. The bolt pattern looks to
    be the same. Let you know what I find.

9. Callout

Callout In First Gear

Typical reply to suppliers inquiry:
    I have done some research into all of the header manufacturers that we deal with including Hooker, Hedman, Doug’s, Patriot, and Flowtech. Unfortunately none of these companies currently offer a listing for your 74 model Ranchero with the 351C engine.

That included both 2 & 4V styles.
    Funny that the car has manufactured headers on it now, but have not been able to determine mfg or origin.

10. zenboy

zenboy In Second Gear

I used the flowtec 351c 4v headers on my 67 (AOD) no clearance issues(actually better than the ones I pulled)

Flowtec 12118FLT, make sure to inspect the flange on them where it bolts to the engine, mine were not flat(didn't find out till months later when exhaust starting leaking) I added weld and ground flat because it was outside warranty.

11. TestDummy

70-76 Ranchero's are Torino's, doors forward, no changes. They are too dumb to know it. Buy whatever fits a 72-76 Torino and you should be good.