I'd be in much better physical shape if it weren't for this site.

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Sophie948, May 17, 2017.

1. Sophie948

Sophie948 In Overdrive

I'd have had to be walking since I wouldn't have been able to figure out how to fix many many things on my '65.

TestDummy and ForistellFord like this.
  2. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

With some of the contradicting advice I've seen given here, I'm surprised you haven't gotten hurt, or killed.

3. Sophie948

Sophie948 In Overdrive

Even contradictory advice helps one to think a problem through.

The only advice I've gotten here that really wasn't helpful was Ribald1's suggestion that I clean the gunk out of the crankcase by replacing the oil with gasoline at my next oil change. But that resulted in only minimal damage to my neighbors' houses.

TestDummy and 1965 Ranchero 66G like this.
  4. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

Hey!
    Was the engine cleaner inside afterward, or not?
    Anyway, it wasn't my idea to use a lighter as a flashlight while doing it.

5. Sophie948

Sophie948 In Overdrive

Well, the engine was cleaner inside afterwards. But the problem was that the inside was outside.

And, no, you didn't suggest that I use a lighter to inspect it. You suggested that for inspecting the inside of the gas tank for corrosion. Now that one did result in a bit more than minimal damage to my neighbors' houses.

6. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

My bad, I forgot to mention that you should rinse the tank out with petroleum ether first.

Another helpful hint;
    Looking down a carburetor while holding the throttle open on an engine that has trouble starting is a great way to remove unwanted facial hair.