Is this the right original air cleaner for a 69?

Discussion in 'General Ranchero Help' started by Boiler92, Jun 10, 2021 at 4:50 AM.

  1. Boiler92

    Boiler92 In Fourth Gear SILVER MEMBER

    Messages:
    476
    Location:
    Indiana
    If I bought this and swapped out the 351 4V sticker for a 302 2V sticker would it be period correct for a 69 with a 302, 2V carb?


    Screenshot_20210610-044628_Facebook.jpg
     
  2. handy_andy_cv64

    handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

    Messages:
    11,827
    Location:
    Seguin, TX
    The air cleaner for the 2100/2150 through at least '74 is a completely different style; though they both may be similarly-shaped, this one would not be correct-appearing for a 2-barrel carb setup
     
  3. Boiler92

    Boiler92 In Fourth Gear SILVER MEMBER

    Messages:
    476
    Location:
    Indiana
    Thanks Andy.

    I've tried searching for pics of originals but 90% of the pics have chrome air cleaners and valve covers and the other 10% are mixes of big and small blocks and 6 cylinders and 2 and 4 bbl with no consistency that I can tell.
     
  4. beerbelly

    beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

    Messages:
    3,199
    Location:
    Portland OR
    Boiler, here's a couple shots of '69 302 Rancheros at Mecum and Barrett-Jackson. I would guess that these would be close to factory correct, but the decals are slightly different and the color is the lighter Ford blue.

    Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 1.26.46 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 1.27.32 PM.png 96251_Engine_Web.jpg
     
    Boiler92 likes this.
  5. Boiler92

    Boiler92 In Fourth Gear SILVER MEMBER

    Messages:
    476
    Location:
    Indiana
    Thanks BB.

    I'll keep looking.

    I do want to go with original but some of the ebay $200-$300 ones aren't in the cards for me.
     
  6. Boiler92

    Boiler92 In Fourth Gear SILVER MEMBER

    Messages:
    476
    Location:
    Indiana
    Found one. It needs cleaned up and a new 302 decal to replace the but looks to be the right 68-69 style.

    More than I wanted to pay but so is everything else for this project.

    received_1260704021013345.jpeg
     
    Lincolnut and beerbelly like this.

Share This Page