New Member Seeking 1972 Ranchero GT

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Center' started by Brian Davy, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Brian Davy

Brian Davy In First Gear

I owned a gorgeous 79GT, burgundy w/gold striping and loved it. Sold it to purchase truck for construction work. Always kept the Ranchero in mind as a car I would like to get back into when I no longer required purpose built vehicles for business. I currently own a 07 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 which I no longer need because I am no longer going to traverse the Sierra Nevada mountains on a daily or weekly basis working on various projects. Now the fun begins, I am starting my search for a nice daily driver quality 72 Ranchero but not something someone has monkeyed with. Can be tastefully repainted, must be well maintained, no rust or heavy crash damage.............need not be numbers matching collectable quality. Black interior a must. Prefer California car, car located in California or adjoining states.

TestDummy likes this.
  2. mo.herbfarm

mo.herbfarm In Maximum Overdrive

I have a '72 500 but believe it is inferior to your stated needs. mo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Jeff B

Jeff B In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

Welcome Brian. The good news is there are a few 72's out there to choose. In my case, it took me about 6 months to find my '71. I searched California, Oregon, Nevada and Arizona. Take your time and try to be patient. Check out the possibles real good and don't be afraid to say
    no to junk or a seller that thinks Rancheros are made out of gold. Good luck.

4. Brian Davy

Brian Davy In First Gear

I finally made my Ranchero purchase and am now awaiting delivery from Canada. After searching for months for a 1972, I purchased a 1969 Ranchero 500 with a 290hp 351 Windsor and 3 speed Automatic which was restored to about 98%. It is a black on black car which really presents well........I can hardly wait until it gets here. Expecting it delivered in approximately 2 weeks and I will then begin completing the restoration details. It is a numbers matching car, but I am still tempted to remove the 2bbl carb and manifold and replace it with an Edelbrock manifold with 4bbl.
    69 Front Profile.jpg 69 Interior.jpg 69 Side and Rear Profile.jpg 69 Side Profile.jpg

5. Jeff B

Jeff B In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

Looks nice, have fun.

6. Shok

Shok In Third Gear

Looks nice, was wondering since we are more or less in the same region, did you come across a green 72 in Hollister at any time?
    I bought it a few weeks ago and the guy had the ad up for a month at least at that point.

7. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

8. eqshadimar

eqshadimar In Overdrive

Yikes those regulations suck! Glad I have a '67 in case I ever move to Cali....

Laters,
    Jeff

9. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

Stay in Texas. You know what flows downhill, and we are neck deep in it.

210eddiep likes this.
  10. 210eddiep

210eddiep In Overdrive

haha Nice find on the Ranchero Sharp car right there