New Members ( Introduce Yourself)

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Center' started by Rancherous, Oct 25, 2004.

1. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

2. Twinturbor

Twinturbor In First Gear

Ugly doesn't bother me. I fully plan on changing rusted out pans and I'm considering going to the one piece front end when I have the cage installed.

3. Henry Shaw

Henry Shaw In First Gear

Picked up this 67 about a month ago, pans rusted out and wiring chewed by the resident mice. Found a fresh rebuild 289 with C4 as the motor was rusted tight sitting in a field with no carb, Floor pans are on the way. Tring to find a reasonably priced front and rear bumper. This is going to be a long and $ process but should turn out awesome.

Attached Files:

cbolt and LSChero like this.
  4. handy_andy_cv64

The 'Ranger' wheels are a nice touch; my '79 sports Lincoln wheels.

5. LSChero

LSChero In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

Welcome Henry!

6. 1965 Ranchero 66G

1965 Ranchero 66G In Maximum Overdrive Unubtanium Member

As my Dad used to say, don't worry about it boy, in ten or fifteen years we might even laugh about it.

7. andrewok1

andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER SILVER MEMBER

HENRY ,
    X2 WELCOME

8. 69 Ranchero

69 Ranchero In First Gear

New to the group...I (Curtis) recently purchased a 69 Ranchero as an early graduation present to my son (Matthew). On his second day of school, a lady was talking on her phone and pulled out in front of him. Hood and passenger fender were damaged...we're in the process of finding replacements. I'm trying to turn the experience into a positive by making it a father/son restoration project. Still have a little ways to go, but it's getting better each day.

I'm very new to the Ranchero, but I've worked around old cars most of my life. Looking forward to learning more about the Ranchero.

Curtis & Matthew

Attached Files:

9. Saff54

Saff54 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Welcome to the site!lots of knowledge here to help you along,we all have a great love for our rancheros and always welcome new members with the same passion,feel free to ask for help,join in on the discussions,and of course pictures as you go about your repairs,how bad was the damage to Matt’s wheels?are you looking for parts?

10. colnago

colnago In Maximum Overdrive

69 Ranchero,

Nice-looking car! Welcome to the group. As you will find, we're not "just" car nuts. We have one member who is working on an electric ukulele. Quite the gem, too!

Sorry about the damage to the car. Hope Matthew was okay.

Joseph

11. 65restomod

65restomod In Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

Welcome to the site ,
    Sorry to hear about the accident I also hope Matthew is OK
    Nice looking '69
    There is a lot of knowledge collectively and we as a group will try our best to answer questions and suggest resources for parts

12. 74ranhero

74ranhero In First Gear

Hey I have a 1974 Ford Ranchero 500 does anybody out there know what the original carpet color was from the factory I am trying to restore mine but I want to get as close as I can to original color can anyone help me

13. 65restomod

If it has the original drivers door there is a tag that has all the production data
    Also the VIN may help
    Try this https://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/Ford/RANCHERO
    Also there is Marti report you can request, it gives you a lot of info

14. Rods N Restos

Rods N Restos In Overdrive

Hello all,
    Member since 2011 and recently had name change for my new shop.
    I didn't have a Ranchero before and owned 72 Gran Torinos but this summer I got a 72 Ranchero 500 parts car with no title
    H code 351-2V Cleveland and C4 was originally Pewter with Ginger bench seat column shift
    Been wanting a 72 GT to go with our 72 Gran Torino Sport and 72 wagon but it's too far gone and no title.
    I bought a 76 Ranchero 500
    Dark Brown Metallic with Brown interior,no motor but was H code 351M FMX bench seat .
    It has a C6 in it now but floors and bed are rusted but it has clean title and transferred into my name so plan is to build a ProStreet version of a 72 Ranchero GT using the 76 shell and title on modified 72 Ranchero frame.
    Cut floors out and fabricate all new with box tube steel framing and bead rolled 18 gauge sheet metal welded to the steel tubing.
    Also cutting bed floor out and building cross-member for a wood floor ,stained and marine Polyurethane and custom sheet metal wheel tubs for big tires and narrowed 9 inch axle with coil-over suspension.

I also been operating Facebook group for 68-79 Torino,Gran Torino,Ranchero,Montego since 2013 so if you are on Facebook feel free to join
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1968to79FoMoCoClub/

Thanks-Jeff

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  15. Donan 05

Donan 05 In First Gear

Hi, I am Don just acquired my first Ranchero and don't you know it would be a 1966.
    I bought it to do a street rod, thought I would do a LS with 4 speed keeping it old school
    To my surprise it turns out to be a numbers- matching car. Now I don't know what to do all input would be appreciated
    THANKS Don first post

16. 65restomod

Hi Don,
    Welcome to the site!
    What kinda shape is the car in?
    It could be of more value if it a numbers matching The value is what you make it.
    I have a '65 deluxe factory 4 speed with a replaced 289 motor and since I think it is close to original I'm keeping it that way.

17. Donan 05

Donan 05 In First Gear

Hi everyone, just got the floor pans finished to day, don't know if ready to cut it up ?
    the floor looks really good, at this point i have to decide witch way do i go ,it's kind of scary thinking about cutting a big hole for the shifter
    on the other hand it is number matching and about the only thing that missing is the bench seat
    matching or hot rod

18. handy_andy_cv64

How about both, and what parts are replaced, you keep in case you change your mind or sell it to someone who wants a concours restoration?

19. sgs521

sgs521 In First Gear

New guy here. Finally getting started on getting this one going. Has been sitting for about 20 years, definitely going to be a lot of rust repair. It's a 61, with what I believe is a 63 Comet front end. Has a 200 that was swapped in at some point as well. Was my grandfather's for a long time, so it's going to be nice to get it back in shape and running. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
    HuevosRanchero likes this.
  20. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

Looks to be in pretty good shape for sitting for quite a while. Welcome to the site!

sgs521 likes this.