New Members ( Introduce Yourself)

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Center' started by Rancherous, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Kiwirancher

Kiwirancher In Fourth Gear

Nice looking 66 . I have been to Vancouver Island but only for a day trip. The usual tourist thing . Nice place .
    Denis - NZ 66 owner.

2. Marty Peterson

Marty Peterson In First Gear

Hey guys, my 2nd time here . been a Ranchero owner since 1980, Sold My baby in 98 or 99 Just got this yesterday So is going to be my 5th of this body type and 3rd Ranchero Build, Happy to be here.
    20200829_172638A.jpg

Buds 67 and HuevosRanchero like this.
  3. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

'73, or '74-'76? A bit hard to tell at the angle the pic was taken.

4. Marty Peterson

Attached Files:

5. handy_andy_cv64

Ah, '73 then, beddy nize. What are the paint and interior color codes?

6. LSChero

LSChero In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

Welcome Marty!73 the best looking of the last gen rancheros.

7. Marty Peterson

Yes it is I concur!

8. Marty Peterson

Paint is 6F wont no interior till I remove the paint from the data, label. But it's blk, So what was that Yellow Gold Met?

9. handy_andy_cv64

Yes, "bright yellow gold metallic." It looks like it's currently painted "bright blue metallic."

10. T16592

T16592 In Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

Now that is a clean ride. is it an automatic ?

11. Marty Peterson

Sitting or 25 years, Yes auto trans. So I think this would have been 351 2v FMX 6F

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  12. handy_andy_cv64

Yes, 'X' was the FMX. How original do you intend on having this rig? Of course, replacing the FMX with an AOD came to mind.

13. Goldnectar

Goldnectar In First Gear

Hello! New owner of a 1966 Ranchero here! Her body is in great shape, she has new headers, edel brock carb, new valve covers, new interior, 289 engine, extended dual exhaust, mag rims, rhino lined bed and air shocks. She's my new house truck. I am taking her in next week to replace the over 10 year old tires.

Attached Files:

HuevosRanchero likes this.
  14. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

Welcome!

15. 1970Ranchero

1970Ranchero In Second Gear

Hi All,

My name is Jack and I am the proud new owner of a 1970 Ford Ranchero. I am 26 and bought this car to learn about vintage automotive restoration....expect me to be blowing up the How-To forum! haha.

About the car: it's a 1970 ranchero with a 302 2bbl, automatic with a 8 in rear end. It had been sitting in a field for 30-35 years before I got it, so it needs to be completely gone through. As I am on a shoe-string budget with the goal of learning the mechanicals, the goal of the build is to learn everything mechanical and leave the cosmetics for later (hopefully when I have more money for a complete resto haha). The car is completely original, solid, with little to no rust or accident damage so it has good bones despite its ugly appearance. Mainly looking to get it running, driving and stopping so I can enjoy it for a while before complete tearing it apart.

Anyway, excited to learn from the community and contribute in any way I can!

Jack

Attached Files:

16. handy_andy_cv64

You'll need to prioritize what needs to be done; as it is so very important to have a rig stop as well as it drives, brakes and brake hydraulics have to top the list.
    Does yours have 4-wheel drums, or front discs/rear drums? Does it have power brakes? Single or dual reservoir master cylinder? Start off identifying what you have, then pop back in, and we can guide you from there. If you want, I have a spare Chilton professional manual that you can have; I can find out how much to ship it, and you send me that cost, you can have the book just for that cost. PM me if you're interested.

17. Betty the Ranchero

Betty the Ranchero In First Gear

Hi. This is Betty and i am a Ranchero of 1973. My owners Mario and Dominik saved me from scrap press and want to repair me. Also they have a lot of plans to make me more beautiful. They will give me a new painting, also pait my wheels and restore my inner life.
    Step by step i will look newer in a few months. Bit they need help to find some spare parts. My new life in germany will start now and i‘m looking forward to get some good conservations here. If you read a M it‘s Mario writing, a D will show you that Dominik is on. M.

18. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

19. handy_andy_cv64

Not really. Mario was translating for Betty this time. If it ends with a D, it's Dominika.

20. Betty the Ranchero

Betty the Ranchero In First Gear

Yah. I‘m a new member and i‘m an austrian in germany with swiss parents. Think that is weird. :,D