New to Rancheros, Not to Fords

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Center' started by Vasili Brown, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Vasili Brown

Vasili Brown In Third Gear

I'm 19 and have worked on cars for 2 years. First one was a 1991 Mazda rx-7, then 1978 Bronco custom, 1965 Mustang 302, 1971 datsun 240z, 1970 Mustang 351C CJ. Now I have a 1969 Ranchero GT. This is the coolest car I've owned for sure. I knew it needed a new gas tank, but when I took off the intake I discovered forzen lifters and bent pushrods. I have everything and more on the way to get this car going again. I'll post pictures later and maybe start a build thread. Any help or advice would be great. Oh, and the engine is a 351w with the D0OE heads so i am stoked about that!!! I'm just a teen with a dream, I should have been born in the 60's

Vtxman likes this.
  2. Jeff B

Jeff B In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

Welcome V. Looking forward to seeing your "dream machine". Warning:If you were born in the '60s you would be old now. Don't rush, you'll get there.

3. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

I look forward to seeing your project.
    Glad you are here.

4. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

I was born in the 50's, 55 to be exact, and I am only middle aged!
    Old people were born in the 40's.

5. Jeff B

Jeff B In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

They say old is a state of mind, tell that to my knees.

6. Vasili Brown

Do you guys know who sells repair guides, like a chilton's manual, for rancheros? I have one for mustangs and it was very helpful, but cant seem to find a whole lot for these beauties.

7. Bryan59EC

Bryan59EC In Overdrive

A Torino manual would be very helpful if you cannot locate one specifically for the Ranchero
    My 65 Ranchero is included in the Falcon manuals.
    It is claimed that a tank for a 65 will work in your 69, but you will need to also buy the correct 65 fuel sender for it.
    Tank is $250 at Falcon Enterprises and about $60 for the sending unit.

Recently bought one for my 65 and have no complaints.

8. Vasili Brown

Thanks Bryan, I actually ordered that combo on tuesday. Also have rods, lifters, shocks, and various gaskets on the way. sending the heads to be machined and already have a four barrel rebuilt for it. I can't wait! The car is in Wilmington but I'm at UNC Charlotte going to school so I can only work on it on breaks

9. Vasili Brown

These cars are definitely more expensive to work on than my mustangs were. Fuel tank and sending unit on my 1965 were $120ish I believe

10. Bryan59EC

Bryan59EC In Overdrive

Just got home to Texas last night from a 2 week stay in Newark, going back in a week for another 6 day ride on the work project---then off to Hartford, Conn for a few days

11. Vasili Brown

hahaha doesn't sound like a lot of wrenching time. and thank you for your detailed information on the 1969 ranchero gas tank thread. It was very helpful.