No more Ranchero

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by 210eddiep, May 2, 2015.

1. 210eddiep

210eddiep In Overdrive

Well Guys and Gals its been fun but the Ranchero is to soon be gone along with the Plymouth and the chevy pickup. Got a new ride coming Monday. For sure I'll still keep an eye on the Rancheros though.[​IMG][​IMG]

2. mo.herbfarm

mo.herbfarm In Maximum Overdrive

Being in a suckish frame of mind from Andy's misfortune, I'll post on this that anybody who feels it's time to abandon a good Ford product for a General Misery piece of shit, deserves whatever they get. mo.

3. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Really? I'd trade two POS Fords for that sweet Nomad.

4. 210eddiep

210eddiep In Overdrive

Relax Mo!!! The Ranchero is staying in the family. Its going to my granddaughter so I'll be able to see it every once in while. Shes been wanting it for a while. I love wagons and I got a great deal on this one

TestDummy likes this.
  5. 210eddiep

210eddiep In Overdrive

Sean I wish it was a nomad. Its a handyman. next best thing;) Yeah Ive never been a brand fanatic If has four wheels and runs good I'll drive it.

TestDummy likes this.
  6. Bryan59EC

Bryan59EC In Overdrive

Almost matches your sister (or is it brother's) car-----
    Nice looking ride---hope to see it in person soon

7. 210eddiep

210eddiep In Overdrive

yeah its in the same family. Soon as you get the ranchero on the road maybe we can hook up over at castroville? Or cruis over in one of your chevies haha. I think you'll be impressed with this one

8. Huevos

Huevos In Maximum Overdrive

Eddie, Nice Ride..
    I am working on a '67 Chevelle myself..

TestDummy likes this.
  9. MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Very nice 56 Nomad.

10. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

4098538441_e33074082f.jpg 4099292206_4268a3e5f0.jpg Not a Nomad Max - - But it's still very neat ! Awww Mo, come on. There really are some great rides from different companys than just Ford. Please don't be an automotive racist. At the very least try to revert back to "What wins on Sunday sells on Monday" thinking and savor the fact that in the past we actually had a choice of styles and running gears instead of those shitty little grey blobs cars are now. Ya got's to forget that even though us Ford guys could usually outrun the Brand X cars, not everyone had the talent and cash to make our aircraft carrier size cars suck the air out of three countys while sucking the paint off the other guy's cars.
    I used to be one prejudiced sob as far as cars went, lived and breathed Ford only. Something happened that I can't pinpoint that made me appreciate the other rides. Instead of all Fords, I now have Buick, Olds, even a 57 Belair car in the fleet. Please don't take that last statement wrong Mo, Dad and I have some of the top of the food chain Fords and they are still my first love - - Always will be too. Take a deep breath and savor the different stuff, it's good for your soul.

mo.herbfarm and 210eddiep like this.
  11. mo.herbfarm

OK! Hard to do, but I'll try to be less racist! It's just that, well, any daggoned big car companies bailed out by our gov't. rub me the wrong way! :mad:
    mo.

Hillbilly and 210eddiep like this.
  12. jwarden

jwarden In Third Gear

No a Chevy fan either, but can't help but drool, nice ride. Have to admit, the 1955-57 Chevy Impalas, Handymans, Nomads are pretty nice looking rides.

Hillbilly and mo.herbfarm like this.
  13. Bryan59EC

Bryan59EC In Overdrive

And you even got not one----but THREE----Superbird/Daytona500 in that 1st pic.
    My first loves were Chrysler Corp. cars. Drove them for years (hated the trucks).
    Those "B" & "E" body cars were basically piece of crap cars----but fun as hell to drive (actually beat the crap out of).
    "C" bodies were my favorite----Sport Fury, "300", "Polara 500", Monoco--------Had 2 67 "300"s when I was younger---both were 4-spd cars.
    Built a lot better than the smaller cars.
    Grew up with Chrysler and Plymouth and Desoto even

Hillbilly and mo.herbfarm like this.
  14. mo.herbfarm

If you remember DeSotos, yer nearly as old as I am! Do you recall their so-called "Tip-Toe" shift? My friend's dad drove a '53, which had Chrysler's "Fluid-Drive" Tip-Toe shift, I think it said that on either the dashboard, or maybe the clutch or brake pedals. Used a conventional clutch, with a pedal, as well as a fluid coupling to allow standing at a light in gear. I suspect it was not a torque converter, normal driving was not very quick-moving.

My friend, Ron, learned to drive with that thing, and quickly learned that using the shifter in L, and popping the clutch, he could get "good rubber"! Without the old man's knowledge, of course. I was observing when Ron was changing spark plugs: it was about Chrysler's first "Hemi", and each valve cover had a skinny little upraised cover on top of it, concealing the tubes down in which the plugs were located. Strange beast, I thought then. mo.

15. Hillbilly

4097649469_0ed93282c1.jpg aw04sl382.jpg aw04rg217.jpg Bryan, got a 63 Sport Fury with a 426 MaxWedge in it somewhere around here, need to take pics of it. Interesting little car, save for the torsion bar front end it's really the same as a 70 Torino. You'd like some pics from the back yard, 3 Birds ?

16. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

Nice 56 2 door wagon but it looks like a 210 Handyman wagon to me Its not a Nomad thats for sure

210eddiep likes this.
  17. Bryan59EC

Bryan59EC In Overdrive

(drool in keyboard)

210eddiep likes this.
  18. Hillbilly

Understood Bryan. Hemi Charger 500 causes me to drool. Can't help it.

19. 210eddiep

210eddiep In Overdrive

Thats what it is. Wanted a Nomad but didnt have 75000 to 120000 in my back pocket so a Plain old 2 door will do haha;)

20. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

Still a very nice wagon