pontiacs new camino/ ranchero

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ray55classic, Mar 22, 2008.

1. ray55classic

ray55classic In Third Gear

I just saw in the paper this week that pontiac is coming out with a truck , based on their g8 with a 6 liter engine rated at 360hp. It looks pretty good, if i may say so. Hopefully ford will see the writing on the wall and introduce the aussie ute rebadged as a ranchero soon.{we can hope can't we}..............ray:cool::cool:

2. tully

tully In Overdrive

3. sarah

sarah Pic Moderator Staff Member

Yeah we could only hope.... however I won't hold my breath... they are very precious lately :D

4. DarkAngel

DarkAngel In Second Gear

Hmmm not bad. I would love to carry on the tradition of the Ranchero if Ford decided to make one. I would definitely get one.

5. HuevosRanchero

HuevosRanchero In Maximum Overdrive

wow...i have to admit..that thing is pretty... (sigh) Ford wouldnt even have to do much work..they already have a viable candidate..

6. DarkAngel

DarkAngel In Second Gear

Shoot I can just imagine the competition this would bring on to Ford. Its like the El Camino for GM in a way I guess you can say. You are all probably very familiar with the Falcon Ute so I dont have to remind everyone of that. I do have to say GM is beating Ford out in style on the Sports Trucks although there are some characteristics of the Ford Ute that are appealing to me.

7. BlueOvals

BlueOvals In Maximum Overdrive

That's not bad, better than the GTO disaster! I have to admit, I'd get a old Pontiac, especially a '64 GTO, my first "car love" if the right deal came along. On Bar-Jack the other night they auctioned one, with low miles for just under 90K I think. Red, tri-power, 4 speed, all that you'd need, for speed!!

8. DonC

DonC In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Nice looking truck wish I had the dough I'd have to get me one.

9. fomocomofo

fomocomofo In Fourth Gear

yuck

clean your glasses . did you all give your eyes away for xmas. thats a re badged holden check it out. go to google search and enter "HSV ute" there it is in all its puss yellow glory. im off to the bathroom to vomit...

10. trikar

trikar In Maximum Overdrive

11. fomocomofo

fomocomofo In Fourth Gear

a naming contest you say. ive got one.

Holden. it stands for "hop out love damn engines nackered"
    or "Heaps of low down engine noise"

these things have only just had the engine problems sorted . they where catching fire and all sorts of things. piston skirts where breaking and blah. the funniest thing about your new pontiac or holden or opel or vauxhaul is that
    these and the new ford small trucks or as we call them here in this antipidean cess pit we call Godzone , a utillity vehicle or ute for short,is the fact that between the rear fenders is nothing but a plastic tuff deck that holds the 2 sides together. give me a ranchero any day and my 351 cleveland is a much better skidder than these 4.3 litre or what ever they are plastic coated chicken cookers ...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2008
  12. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

So, you like them then? You weren't really clear enough for me to tell... ;)