Pray for DENNIS Crenshaw

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by sarah, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Sean has that correct. You can bet the medics are giving their all to try to fix up Dennis like new. Think their job isn't stressfull ? Try rebuilding your car engine while it is still running. While I know Dennis has the will to recover, don't discount God's role in steering all involved toward the right solutions needed for his fix to be effective.

andrewok1 likes this.
  2. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Thank you. Too many dismiss the hard work medical professional do, instead giving praise to a higher power, yet have no problem blaming them when things go wrong. Not here, mind you. I've heard many stories from friends and families.

Regardless, it sounds like 'ol AS IS 66 is on the right side of mending. They wouldn't start shoulder surgery if he wasn't going to pull through.

ForistellFord likes this.
  3. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

It sure does, and that's awesome!!! Go Dennis!!!

4. TestDummy

[​IMG]

Hillbilly and ForistellFord like this.
  5. sarah

sarah Pic Moderator Staff Member

I just got this message from Pam: Ann ask me to pm you and tell you Dennis is out of surgery and headed back to ICU. I bet he goes to a regular room with the next two days. Ann said she loves you and thank you for praying.

1965 Ranchero 66G and scbarger like this.
  6. Rancherous

Rancherous Administrator Staff Member

Do they have a Pay Pal account to also donate??

7. andrewok1

andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER SILVER MEMBER

just GoFund ME ,is what i was told \

Stephanie posted a new update to Crenshaw Family
    updated
    Hallelujah!!! Dad had his shoulder surgery!!! Came out a success!! He came out with less pain than going in! We are still on about 2% oxygen, but that's more for his system...

click on Crenshaw family ,
    Dennis is a miracle -So are the Doctors

8. sarah

Well I just personally talked with Ann for a half an hour or more and basically Dennis is the Miracle. She said when she finally got to him he looked like he was dying. God saved Dennis literally yes I know, the medical professionals had alot to do with him being her but what you don't know is what happened. So Dennis was driving home and a Deer came up out onto the road and hit the front wheel of his motorcycle causing it to flip. When Dennis came too, and he doesn't know how long he was out he looked and saw his motorcycle down the road with the light on. He thought man I need to go turn the key off or my battery will die....then rational thoughts came in don't turn the light off no on will see you. I guess the road he was on is not a well traveled road. There was a woman who saw him laying in the road so she stopped and called for help. Stayed with him and said sir I never drive this road. I don't know why I did tonight but I'm glad I did. She stayed with him until help showed up. She is instrumental in saving his life. God sent her down that road. So he will be in the ICU for a couple days, he still has some internal bleeding from the punctured lung and spleen Ann says he looks 9 months pregnant so they do need to isolate and get that to stop. He was only injured on the left side waist up. When they brought him back to the room after surgery he was chatting away with the nurses saying he was hungry ordering food and just making everyone at the hospital laugh. So I now know he will be just fine. He was already asking when he could get back on his bike. Dennis's son went to look at his bike at the impound lot and the only thing wrong with it is cosmetic. So right now they are going to be needing help with food etc and her gas. The hospital he is at is 60 miles away one way. So they will need some help because he can't do side jobs. She rambled off real fast her bank where money can be sent to but I don't remember I will have to get hold of her tomorrow to get that information. Pam is supposed to give me her cell number. So it won't be long and he will be jumping on here I'm sure once he gets home. But he's alert his memory is sharp and God is sitting there with him making sure he can keep on keeping on. Prayers are still requested and if you can help some financially that family greatly would appreciate it.

andrewok1 likes this.
  9. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

It sounds like he had his brain bucket correctly strapped on, and only impacted the road instead of getting shredded. That he left his headlight on, that the woman who found him normally doesn't travel that road, yeah, those are the Hands of God. Unfortunately, I'm not able to financially help, but I will say prayers for him, and for his medical staff.

TestDummy likes this.
  10. sarah

Citizens Bank of Americus, they can either stop by or call (229-924-4011) and donate to the benefit account, Dennis and Marjorie Crenshaw. There is also a GoFundMe page set up as well as his Abate family setting up another type of something for donations!

That is another way to donate if GoFundMe is not your thing.

andrewok1 likes this.
  11. sarah

Actually he was knocked clean out of his boots and his helmet. Ann said he has some serious road rash on the left side of his face.

andrewok1 likes this.
  12. TestDummy

My daughter had a friend that was killed when a semi truck ran a red light 7 years ago, so I don't put too much belief into God picking Dennis over her, or the 30,000+ others that will die this year in crashes. Sorry. Seems a bit selfish to me; and last time I checked the Bible, that was a sin. He was lucky, and for that he should be grateful.

“Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit …” Philippians 2:3.

Having said that, I am really happy he looks to be pulling through.

13. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Damn. I could see his helmet getting knocked or torn off, but getting knocked out of your boots takes serious force.

14. andrewok1

andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER SILVER MEMBER

yes Dennis - He`s Grateful every day, thanks SARAH ,for your updates
    I spoke to Ann last night before her trip home could hear Dennis in the back round He's got a long road ahead

TestDummy likes this.
  15. sarah

This is copied from Ann's facebook page directly from her

OK EVERYONE HERE IS A UPDATE STRAIGHT FROM THE WIFE'S MOUTH....DENNIS IS HEALING DAILY WE HAVE SEEN CHANGES , TO THE GOOD ...THEY DID SHOULDER SURGERY AND THAT TOOK A LOT OF THE PAIN HE WAS HAVING AWAY...HE IS EATIN AND IF AL GOES WELL WE WILL BE GETTIN OUT OF ICU TODAY AND MOVED TO A ORTHO WARD... HIS LUNGS ARE IMPROVING BUT COUGHING IS BEGINNING AND IT NOT GOING TO BE EASY AND IT WILL BE ROUGH ON DENNIS SO PLEASE KEEP THE PRAYERS AND LOVE COMING WE THANK YALL FOR THESE THINGS ..I WILL HEAD BACK THERE FOR A LONG ROAD AHEAD...BUT ON THE FUN SIDE WE ARE CALLIN HIM TIMEX CAUSE HE TAKES A LICK BUT KEEPS ON TICKING....LOVE YALL

1965 Ranchero 66G likes this.
  16. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Good news, and the PERFECT nickname. John Cameron Swayze would be proud.
    1af2606408835ad609f024d5ff1cd44a.jpg

17. Basstrix

Basstrix In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

Right on, Dennis, stay strong.....man, them ribs are gonna be sore....'specially with all that coughing that's soon to come. Never had a punctured lung, but I know first hand how miserable broken ribs are!

TestDummy likes this.
  18. RancheroRandy

RancheroRandy In Overdrive

Yes, hang in there Dennis! I went through a somewhat similar "incident" 6 years ago with all my ribs on my right side fractured in numerous places (along with lots of other "stuff" as you can imagine) as well as lung puncture...if you are still alive God isn't finished with you story yet.....

19. TestDummy

He's recovering well, but still facing a long road for full recovery! He has been moved to a regular room!!! Every day seems to be an improvement!!! Thankfully he was moved to a great trauma hospital with topnotch doctors and nurses.

20. Doc76251

Doc76251 In Fourth Gear

Good news, good to hear!!! It's always a bad thing when a road warrior goes down hard. Don't know him personally or even reputationally but when a when a brother from our world takes a hit we all sit back a bit and reflect a bit on our own mortality and offer our best in the hopes that we are never in a similar situation but hope others would pull for us if we ever are.

Cheers,

Doc

1965 Ranchero 66G likes this.