Pray for DENNIS Crenshaw

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by sarah, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Doc76251

Doc76251 In Fourth Gear

Breathe!!!! Relax. Things will be OK. Thee is a lot more going on than you know or they will tell you. Right now Dennis needs to rest and BREATHE!!! If you wonder why I keep repeating that it is the central part of healing AND if you have cracked ribs the last thing you want to do is breathe which leads to "splinted breathing" which will kill you. Abdominal breathing draws your air from deep and huts the chest less and still gets all the air in. It still sux but you will live. Get better.

Cheers

Doc

andrewok1 likes this.
  2. andrewok1

andrewok1 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER SILVER MEMBER

spoke to ANN 9: AM -- SURGERY procedure removed 700 milliliters of fliud , on chest tube again 3 days hes doing best that can be expected-
    ANN hasnt slept, SHES A STRONG LADY
    ASKING AGAIN FOR CONTINUED PRAYER FROM US ALL ,

3. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Same here. I was hoping I was wrong this whole time about pneumonia, but broken ribs in the elderly are never good. Hang in there, Dennis.

ForistellFord likes this.
  4. sarah

sarah Pic Moderator Staff Member

From Ann....ok Dennis is in some pain this AM he says"a truck ran over me" prayers for pain and healing with lung dr said he ....drew off 700 ml from lung cage...chest tube for several days ...he was up til 3:30 AM before he settled down and went to sleep..... so I aint slept keep the prayers coming we coulldnt do this without them

andrewok1 likes this.
  5. andrewok1

SPOKE TO ANN 8:30 PM , ANN said they are both getting some rest , 3 steps back 2 forward , trauma doctor was in and was in and made a statement about when he goes home, Ann thanks all for the support , ANDY

6. TestDummy

So, when does he get to go home? I don't know about Georgia, but in Virginia you can get a number of different insurance overages, with $50K the minimum. He'd have been better off hitting a car, unfortunately, so he could sue someone. With the average ICU stay costing $10,000/day, it adds up quick.

7. andrewok1

yea / true you can't sue a deer, they are a large family, with lots a property uh...
    Point being statement made about going home, is a POSITIVE thought,
    when not known yet

8. TestDummy

You know how many people try suing the state when they are hurt in deer accidents? A lot. Their lawyers say the state owns the deer, because the state has rules on when they can be hunted. Seems valid.
    True, the going home part is epic. People recover much faster at home. Hospitals make me stress out. Them and court rooms. Maybe because I have no control of the outcome in either places.

9. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

You are not required to stay at a hospital if you don't want to. They just flag you as AMA and you sign out and go. He maybe should so he can get healed faster.

TestDummy likes this.
  10. sarah

From Ann....wow what a day can do... Dennis is now off of O2 and see how he does thru out the day and if no drainage ,chest tube comes out tomorrow...pray all goes well and we see progress not set backs...he will be up to walk and sit in chair today he is eating better color is good... thanks for the love and prayers things are lookin up

andrewok1 likes this.
  11. andrewok1

Heading to See D & ANN leaving at 3 am 1/25/19.5 hour ride /ANDY

1965 Ranchero 66G likes this.
  12. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

That family is lucky to have a friend like you Andrew.

andrewok1 likes this.
  13. plumcolr

plumcolr In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Andrew, pls don't push it, we don't want to see a writeup on you too.

Back in the day ( I got released from active duty), I could do 19.5, and did. No interstates then, Wasn't too many years 12 became and is my limit with frequent 15 minute breaks to walk around.

andrewok1 likes this.
  14. 1965 Ranchero 66G

1965 Ranchero 66G In Maximum Overdrive Unubtanium Member

Not trying to be funny but watch out for Bambi. Pack a lunch.

15. aquartlow

aquartlow In Maximum Overdrive

Be careful during your travels, tell Ann we are all pulling/praying for her and Dennis(even though at times there seems to be a bit of turmoil between members here) to make a full and expedited recovery.

16. TestDummy

It's a 5 hour ride for him. He forgot to put a space between the date and the miles, which tells me he shouldn't be driving.

17. Jeff B

Jeff B In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

Continued best wishes to Dennis and Ann and the surrounding family. One day at a time.

18. burninbush

burninbush In Maximum Overdrive

It might be useful for him to know ... a cough medicine I have found to be the best is something called "Fisherman's Friend" -- found them at a local CV store. Small brown-ish tabs, sucking on one will relieve any type of urge to cough.

19. TestDummy

Do they taste like trout? That would make me gag.

20. sarah

from Ann...............hey everyone Dennis started running fever durnin the night...so they did xrays , blood work and hung two huge bags of antibotics so please pray for this fever and for the drs to find out why and do something about it ...not much rest nor sleep