Questions about transmission code (door sticker)

Discussion in 'Ranchero Vin Decoder/Production Numbers' started by Hector Maluenda, May 9, 2020.

1. Hector Maluenda

Hector Maluenda In First Gear

Hello. Im looking for help to understand this table of transmission codes decoding and engine decoding stuff.
    I did find this table from a old post that was in the forum with a link with a really complete tables about decoding door stickers.

Link to the table im talking about:
    https://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/419687_1

1) (year 65/68) means code "1" that refers to "3 speed manual shift" was availale from years 65 to 68 or just in the years 65 and 68?

2) (year 66 ....) those continiuos dots before the year 66 means code "4" that refers to "C6 automatic XLP" was available since year 66 and "without" end year?

3) The code "E" from year 71 refers to "4 Speed Man. Shift (Colt)". What does mean "Colt"???

Link to the photo with reference for each question:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AZ3keSnmlGSKnNT9dnfFXP4OfVPCOj59/view?usp=sharing

I hope you are all having a great day.
    Cheers from Chile.
    Thanks

H├ęctor Maluenda.

Attached Files:

2. PonyExpressRider

PonyExpressRider In Maximum Overdrive

What does your door tag say...

I was going to use my door tag information as an example, but the list in your Supermotors link is incomplete, or not accurate. My car has the matching numbers C6 Auto Trans in it, and the list doesn't even show a code "U" for a 69. It also doesn't show the 69 engine code R as a RAM Air engine.

Might want to just order the Marti Report.

3. Hector Maluenda

Hector Maluenda In First Gear

Thanks for commenting this post.
    I still dont have a ranchero truck. The current owner is offering me his ranchero GT 1974 with a "302" engine and manual trans to the floor. The 302 engine caught my attention so i did looked up in the Supermotors tables and based on that table there is no way a 302 was put in a ranchero 1974 GT and not even a manual transmission . So im little confused lol.
    I will ask the owner of the ranchero for a photo of the sticker so i can clarify my doubts.

You know any place with more complete information to decode ford plates for free?

4. PonyExpressRider

PonyExpressRider In Maximum Overdrive

I do have a Ford Performance Engine book, that lists three casting numbers for 302's that were designated for 1974 cars and trucks.

302ci 1970-1974 D1OE-AA
    302ci 1971-1974 D1TE-AA (truck Block)
    302ci 1974 D4DE-AA

So they could have put a 302 in a 74 GT...

Hector Maluenda likes this.