Rockin Ranch Arrow update

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by Rockin Ranch Arrow, May 15, 2021.

1. Rockin Ranch Arrow

Rockin Ranch Arrow In First Gear

To all,

Slowly working on the interior of the Rockin Ranch Arrow. The process has been fun and had some trial and errors as well. But she is slowly getting there.

upload_2021-5-15_13-9-27.png

Used a Mustang Dash housing as I was unable to locate a correct one that wasn't sky high in price. The original dash panel was very worn and faded Regardless, it blends well with the black dash pad, original black steering wheel. Haven't installed the door panels yet.

The current plan is get the interior done this year. Then next year get the paint et al done. Yes, I am probably doing it backwards, but I couldn't stand what was left of the original interior. The seat was worn out on the driver's side and sagged horribly. The original floor rubber mat -blue/black was falling apart and missing in some places.

Have a great rest of the weekend,
    RRA

Saff54, pmrphil and Jeff B. like this.
  2. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Great looking interior & color.

3. Rockin Ranch Arrow

beerbelly,
    Thanks for the kind words.
    Took her for a short drive yesterday afternoon, it was great. One of the first things I noticed once she was outside, for some reason, all of the windows and windshield had collected a lot of dust particles after sitting in the shop for almost a year. It is funny sometimes what happens when you are out in the sun and see things you don't see in the shop. Anyway, when I got her back home, I cleaned all the windows inside and out. Sheesh, almost used up a roll of paper towels. Now the windows etal are standing tall. Hope to get the rest of the "shop particles" off when I wash her.
    Have a great upcoming week,
    RRA

4. Rockin Ranch Arrow

To all,

I finally got her interior done, I hope that is. The door panels have now been installed. Yeah !

upload_2021-7-18_13-29-30.jpeg

The " tan/brown throw matts" are for when I am working on her with in the cab.

The next project maybe installing an A/C unit in her. I still have the Ford underdash unit et al that was in her. But my novice question is what do I have to do/ to install the unit. I was told I would need a new compressor, a new condenser and new lines. Does anyone have any suggestions, like do I go ahead and do that or look around for a newer unit. If a newer unit is recommended, what kind and what issues if any are there. Like is the glovebox interior removed or shortened, would the new unit be larger than the original underdash unit, etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thx,

6T4 Rockin Ranch Arrow.

PS. Took her to the local support the High School soccer team car show yesterday. Had a good time and met a couple of other Ranch Arrow owners.