Seat conversion for 73 Ranchero

Discussion in 'General Ranchero Help' started by Hamilton, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Hamilton

Hamilton In First Gear

I have an original manual bench seat in my 73. I would like to convert to a bench with armrests (a large single or a double). Are there any seats that would utilize the existing tracks that could allow a removal and replacement without any changes? Are there other vehicle models that might also be adapted to the Ranchero. Thanks in advance.

2. LSChero

LSChero In Maximum Overdrive PLATINUM MEMBER

Torino,ltdII,cougar,t-bird,montego 72-79 should work.Make sure you get all mounting hardware including floor pan nuts(split bench) and power seat wiring if equipped.Welcome to site Hamilton!

3. Hamilton

Hamilton In First Gear

Thanks for the info. Just picked up the 73 last week, my first Ranchero and now I'm looking at ways to make it mine. I'm sure to have more questions. Thanks for the help.

4. Clark

Clark In Maximum Overdrive

5. Hamilton

Hamilton In First Gear

Thanks Clark. They look comfortable. This gives me another option. I guess it will depend upon what seats I can find in my area when I'm ready to change. I'd like to get the new seat recovered before the install. Thanks again.

6. 1979 RANCHERO GT

1979 RANCHERO GT In Maximum Overdrive

Mark IV / V split bench will bolt right in. You would need to find a pair of manual bucket seat tracks, both sides are the same, unless you use the power seat tracks. Late 80's Crown Vic/ Grand Marquis wiring from seat track assembly and switch from side of seat and a power source. The little harness is unique to each side not the switch.

7. Hamilton

Hamilton In First Gear

Thanks 79GT. It appears that I have a number of options. Now just need to find them in the Savannah area. Desert Valley Auto Parts in AZ, have "tons" of Ranchero's but the shipping of a seat would kill me. Thanks again.

8. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Use www.row52.com to start with in your general vicinity. Expand out from there.

9. Hamilton

Hamilton In First Gear

Great resource Andy, Thanks. I'd be in great shape if I was west of the Mississippi or north of the Mason-Dixon Line but we poor Southerner's don't seemed to have embraced the Ranchero like the Westcoast or Texas. This site is now bookmarked and I am sure I will go there often. Thanks again.

10. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Yeah, it seems like everyone in the Deep South had to have a 'truck' truck. But, just remember what was said above...any of the intermediate cars (LTD II, T-bird, Cougar, Torino, Montego, etc.) will all fit without heavy modification.

11. Hamilton

Hamilton In First Gear

Thanks