Shipping Ranchero

Discussion in 'General Automotive Questions' started by Clark, Jul 18, 2021.

1. Clark

Clark In Maximum Overdrive

Any thoughts about shipping Ranchero across country? Do - don't. Which shipper? Insurance?

2. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

There are many, but Joe's older brother shipped a Lincoln and another car from Cali to Tennessee on Gartho Logistics. They have a FB page, 'Gartho Logistics shipyourride.'

3. Lincolnut

Lincolnut In Third Gear

I used Passport Transport for a 1965 Lincoln and then I use U Ship for a F150 from Florida to Artesia NM great service and not to pricey...........Don't just pay what they quote and they will work with you cause they want your money.........

RancheroRandy likes this.
  4. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

In 2005 it cost me $800 to ship a Ranchero that didn't run from San Diego to Detroit.
    In 2019 it cost me $900 to ship a Ranchero that did run from Detroit to Charlottesville, VA (about 600 miles)

Lincolnut and ForistellFord like this.
  5. Clark

Clark In Maximum Overdrive

Passport Transport gave me the best quote for enclosed trailer trucks - $1900 (ouch). My next problem is finding regular covered storage since the Ranchero is too long for the garage. Local storage here near Denver runs some $160/month.

Lincolnut likes this.
  6. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

Knock out the lower 1/2 of the back of the garage and add a 2 or 3 ft extension problem solved!