Tesla roadster

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by plumcolr, May 22, 2021.

1. plumcolr

plumcolr In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Buds 67 likes this.
  2. pmrphil

pmrphil In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Wow, when I had my dragster it would 60 ft. in 1.03, somewhere around 58 MPH, and run the quarter mile in 7.80's at over 175 MPH.

3. Buds 67

Buds 67 In Third Gear

<------- is in

4. plumcolr

plumcolr In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Yeah, the battery in this thing would probably be flat and you'd be coasting at the end of the quarter mile.

5. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Elon knows which designers to hire- that car is beautiful. But I'll be waiting for the headline "Movie star crashes Tesla Roadster"- you know it's coming.

Buds 67 and plumcolr like this.
  6. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

More like, "Tesla roadster identifies as movie star, takes off by itself then crashes and burns."

Buds 67 and plumcolr like this.
  7. 1979 RANCHERO GT

1979 RANCHERO GT In Maximum Overdrive

Who's going to insure these things? High performance cars are heading back to the 70's when you couldn't get insurance for the muscle cars. You can watch on youtube what some of these idiot rich kids are doing with these cars when they get together with an audience. Wonder what they will tell daddy when he hears about junior crashing his new Tesla.

Buds 67 likes this.
  8. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

I fear the insurance deal too. You got Jeep Track Hawks, Corvettes, Mustangs, Camaros, Chargers, and a few others that push the horsepower limit way past even the average Joe's ability to behave. And ignorant parents turn immature kids loose in cars that made our 70's muscle seem puny. The insurance axe fell on us before, it's just a matter of time before we get hit again. It will go back to the time where you had to build your own muscle and lie like a dog to get it insured.

Buds 67 and beerbelly like this.
  9. handy_andy_cv64

With the way the car companies throw power numbers and what hayzoo gear the cars are equipped with around, I think lying will be darned near impossible.

10. Hillbilly

Sleepers Andy. A grandpa or Granny's car that can rip with the best of the muscle cars.

11. handy_andy_cv64

Ehhh, that's built not bought, but I get your point.

12. Hillbilly

I am not the only one who thinks it be much more fun to build something instead of tossing insane amounts of green at the yokels at the dealerships. Besides, any of the modern muscle cars automatically have a target on their backs alerting the lawmen of what to expect. Call me insane if you wish, you might get a rude surprise if you lineup at a red light with something known to be a slug over here in Tennessee. Got one of these hidden in a back corner of my garage just for sport. ( )

Buds 67 likes this.