Texas Ranchero Owners

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ray55classic, Mar 9, 2008.

1. ray55classic

ray55classic In Third Gear

For those of you who live in the lone star state i'd like to try and get a list of us up with the end result being a get together maybe in the fall. No dues, no dutys, no worries, just a loosely organized group of us to swap parts , stories , and leads on parts and cars. If your interested in something like this please post here . Hopefully we can get organized..............ray:cool:

2. 539lucky

539lucky Guest

Parts search

Hi Ray, could you call me at 210 240 9631. I think we need to have some way to talk, help, and stay in touch generally. I have met some neat people here in texas, and it would be fun to get together. Also, the 79 shop manuals have already helped. Thanks Lucky

3. Rancherous

Rancherous Administrator Staff Member

Lucky you can also send PMs from here to him and keep in touch that way, if you want.

4. ray55classic

lucky , check your email............ray

5. Horsebackbob

Horsebackbob In Second Gear

Texan here...

6. DonC

DonC In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Ray,
    I am interested even though I am from Louisiana. I do know some folks around the Houston area, I have relatives in Austin, Corpus Christi and San Antonio, so if it's in any of those general areas I am in. My schedule is hap hazard due to the type of work I do, so I can't make a firm commitment but would love to get together with yall.

7. CJ Guy

CJ Guy In Maximum Overdrive

Hey Ray,
    Does Las Cruces count? Seems I am the only one here from here except, well we won't mention that, but ya seems our part of the country is very much over looked...:cool:

8. ray55classic

i think any and everyone who would like to be a part of this is welcome wherever you live............ray:cool::cool:

9. stilbite

stilbite In First Gear

Newbie from Texas, I just bought a '71 500, 351C, 4Spd

10. MarksM

MarksM In Third Gear

Dallas.....

11. CJ Guy

CJ Guy In Maximum Overdrive

Nice set-up, what 351C does it have? Original?

12. ray55classic

good start

well 7 is a pretty good start i'll try to email yall about what we're wanting to do...........ray:cool::cool::cool:

13. stilbite

stilbite In First Gear

It is supposed to be numbers matching but I don't really know for sure. I have a Marti report that came with it, says it is 1 of 170 with that engine and tranny combo.

14. 72GTVA

72GTVA Administrator Staff Member

What is the 5th digit/letter of the vin?

15. BlueOvals

BlueOvals In Maximum Overdrive

You Texans are fixin' to get a nice little Chero "Army" started, and in a hurry, sorta like last time with that cross border "misunderstanding" business. Even got "volunteers" from nearby states too!! Good luck guys!! Our little club out here in the Sacramento CA area, Capitol Rancheros, is growing, and we are having fun networking and hanging out with our rides, working on each others' Cheros. Can't wait for the Spring to sprang, for SHOW TIME!!! Lot's in our local area (100 mile radius), almost every week!! "You Go boys, you go", as one of our good ol buddies always says!!

16. stilbite

stilbite In First Gear

The Fifth digit is an M

17. 72GTVA

That's a keeper!

That's a keeper, especially if it is numbers matching.

18. stilbite

stilbite In First Gear

Its in pretty nice shape, except it has no options.

19. 72GTVA

Option, smoptions...

Options can be added as needed. Ford's typical design permitted the addition of most options with very little if no modifications, and done intelligently can be backed out as needed if you desire or there is a need for "as built" down the road. A little research and finding the donor is usually all that is needed to install virtually anything you want or need.

Good luck!

20. bearshrum

bearshrum In Third Gear

Hell yeah, count me in. Being retired and for now housebound is not what I call a lot of fun. If your get together is for the fall I'd love to come. I live in Sugar Land which is just southwest of Houston. As a man I admire always says "Let's git er done".