Torque Wrench

Discussion in 'Ranchero Tech Help' started by Huevos, Apr 9, 2015.

1. grumpy

grumpy In First Gear

NICE !!!!

2. grumpy

grumpy In First Gear

Oh Brother water issues..... That sucks!!!

3. mo.herbfarm

mo.herbfarm In Maximum Overdrive

" I don't know what will happen in the next year or two as my heart heals, but currently I can't do much, not because I physically can't, but because I'm on disability and I don't want to do something that loses me that"

Had no idea you were broken-hearted, but, shit, that happens to lots of us. Now, if that statement don't utterly piss you off, be aware, please, I'm just joshing with you. Hang in there with the rest of us old farts!

WTF? Knowing me by now as you must, do you think I would mess with building something that didn't "work" ;) mo.

[​IMG]

4. mo.herbfarm

" ..... do you have any videos"

Back in 2002, when I started building, I didn't even have Internet! Not available in the middle of 7 million acres of National Forest in the Ozarks. Folks were getting pissed, though, at General Telephone & Telegraph, and finally, Century-Tel, which bought them out, offered dial-up service. Video? Hell we couldn't even receive email worth a shit, unless it was only text! So, no, sorry, no video.

I loved the challenge of designing and building that beast, started work before any kind of income was available, my wife, bless her, must have seen the importance of it to me, went along with it. 9 years in building, not unusual for 1/8 scale live steam. mo.

5. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Century-Tel...is that the same as Century Link? To which the Seahawks' home stadium is nicknamed "The Clink?":D

Anyway, that loco would be cool to see running and pulling a string of freight cars and a silver-painted Burlington waycar.

mo.herbfarm likes this.
  6. mo.herbfarm

CenturyTel became CenturyLink, yes. They had bought the telecom rights to our location in the Ozarks from ITT. mo.

7. Huevos

Huevos In Maximum Overdrive

What kind of Torque Wrench do you use to build a train?

mo.herbfarm likes this.
  8. mo.herbfarm

Full-size, they don't make one big enough! Scale-models, I suppose the original I bought back in the '60s would work. Nothing really critical to be torqued on my model, anyway. mo.

9. Ryan

Ryan In First Gear

I have a Matco Digital torque wrench that I absolutely love

10. mo.herbfarm

In the Dynamometer room at Victor Gasket, Dee Atchley had the biggest torque wrench I could imagine, it was about 4-feet long, with a big dial-indicator read-out which went to 500 ft.lbs.! mo.

11. Huevos

Huevos In Maximum Overdrive

Torque Wrench Envy Mo??...:D

mo.herbfarm likes this.
  12. mo.herbfarm

4 feet beats nine inches......!! mo.