Update on my 68

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by BR@NDON, Jan 28, 2010.

1. BR@NDON

BR@NDON In Second Gear

My car has been in the garage since December 2007. Today the Chero passed the Arizona state emissions test required for 67 and newer vehicles. That means there is another Ranchero roaming the streets as of today. The test for the older cars is somewhat lenient. It checks the gas cap for fumes. They run an idle test and a 35mph test for Hydrocarbons and for Carbon Monoxide. Last night I bolted on the stock 2v intake and a 2bbl Motorcraft to do the best I could on the test. Here is the score she got.
    Pretty fair compared to the max ratings allowable.

[​IMG]

I've done a lot over the last two years and am happy to finally be driving it again. Realistically it will probably be a never ending project but for now I'm just stoked that it's going back to being my daily driver.
    Here are a few pictures of the car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. diggette

diggette In Maximum Overdrive

way to go mate!! looking good:D

3. Stuntdummy

Stuntdummy In Fourth Gear

Right on! I think that if I were to have a different year Ranchero than my '72, I would definitely go with the 68. Simple, beautiful lines, and I love the lights-in-the-grill fascia.

4. Giska1

Giska1 In Maximum Overdrive

Thats great, and never ending projekt was what Ford had in mind when they made these cars he he, :D:D:eek:

5. Dan the ranchero man

Dan the ranchero man MODERATOR Staff Member

Very cool Glad to see another back in action!! :D

6. BR@NDON

BR@NDON In Second Gear

Thanks guys! I just finished all the registration at the DMV today or I guess it's MVD out here. Anyway I've lived in CA my whole life and always thought it was cool to get a blue plate car or even a black plate but I think the options out here in AZ are pretty cool in regards to license plates. This plate costs 25.00 initially and 10.00 every other year with registration renewal which is only 25.00 for older cars. I know it's not a vintage deal or anything but if you have seen the color of the standard plate out here you would understand.:eek:

[​IMG]

7. Tim70ranchero

Tim70ranchero In Overdrive

[​IMG]

cool wheels, you hardly see the 5 slot wheels used . I got a set and I'm thinking of painting them the new body color, and going with wide whites.

8. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

Some baby moons, or better yet the flat ones, would dress those wheels up nice.

9. BR@NDON

BR@NDON In Second Gear

I have these hub caps on. I think they do it justice.

[​IMG]

10. ribald1

ribald1 Banned PLATINUM MEMBER

You split the baby, no one can complain.

11. Ranchdog

Ranchdog In First Gear

Nice looking car.

12. EZDUZIT

EZDUZIT In Third Gear

I love it, even though I'm partial to the 68!:D