VIN Question

Discussion in 'Ranchero Vin Decoder/Production Numbers' started by Rick C., Jul 25, 2006.

1. Rick C.

Rick C. Guest

Did any 62 model Rancheros even come with the 223-6 cylinder engine? If so, how many (or does anyone even know)? According to the VIN breakdown at the top of this section, mine had one. It has the "V" engine code.

Rick

2. Rancherous

Rancherous Administrator Staff Member

The Vin decoder does not lie LOL. Yes they did come with that engine if you are indeed reading the correct engine Letter from the Vin.

3. CJ Guy

CJ Guy In Maximum Overdrive

20,842 Rancheros for that year of which ??? had the 223 (second generation engine was produced from 1952 through 1964)

4. Rick C.

Rick C. Guest

I've honestly never heard of that engine in a Ranchero. Would that engine be specific to a certain package (i.e.: Ranchero Deluxe, etc.)?

Rick

5. CJ Guy

Ya need your door tag to tell or do a Marti Report ,$45, That will give you what ya need to know...

6. Rick C.

Rick C. Guest

I'll have to see if the door tag is still there or not. My grandfather replaced alot of parts when he had it, so I don't if it is. I know the original engine is long gone.

Rick

7. Rancherous

Rancherous Administrator Staff Member

I believe Marti Reports start at 65 or 66 and go to 73. He might have changed it but the last time I checked he would not be able to decode your car.

8. CJ Guy

Your right, 67-73, so without the door tag, I have no idea how to tell..?