What a waste of a '61 Chero...

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by MNeedham73, Nov 26, 2005.

1. MNeedham73

MNeedham73 Guest

Saw this driving by a lot yesterday. Ugh...blasphemous I tell you.

[​IMG]

2. 75 Squire

75 Squire In Maximum Overdrive

Why? why do people do this to muscle cars? If the want a 4x4 they could go buy one for crying out loud. I have also seen this done to other cars, most notable was a Plymouth Road Runner. It truly is sad. I wonder how long it will last before it falls apart. The frame was never intended to take the abuse of off roading or of the beating of the suspension. Something will break and then that will be one less car for somebody to work on.

3. Billy Zoom

Billy Zoom In Fourth Gear

A '61 RANCHERO IS A MUSCLE CAR???
    It was intended to be Ford's answer to the VW beetle, and performed accordingly. At least this one's a really ugly color.
    BZ

4. Butch

Butch Guest

That sure is a waste. When I started looking for a Chero, I was going after a fixer upper 60 -63 Chero with the intentions of dropping in a 5.0 F.I.. But couldn't locate anything at that time & ended up buying my 79. But I still have intentions on locating a 60-63 Chero, but not right now, maybe when I get my 79 the way I want it.

5. Rancherous

Rancherous Administrator Staff Member

Great for my area this time of year. :D

6. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

Redneck Cadilac...
    I say again...It`s your money and ya can spend it any way ya like...My money; I`ll spend it,MY way...
    I`m thinkin of Puttin`a Bronco II Chassis up underneath a `66 model,Strictly fer these Georgia roads.
    Fill th`wheelwells with tire.
    (not up in th`air like this one)

Ya gotta have a step ladder to climb into this "monster truck"...
    PS~
    Why don`t ya see if the owner knows about US here at RancheroUSA ???

7. sarah

sarah Pic Moderator Staff Member

Red neck Cadillac....is the Cadillac someone here in town chopped up to a Elcamino type and slammed it on a 4x4 chasis with 44" tires. Sorry, the purple sucks, but in this part of the world. If it fits on a 4x4 chasis...

we figure why not. I like the 4x4 lifted 67 mustang fastback here in town...and if that were a different color....why not.....

That's what makes this country so great....Freedom of choice... :D :D :D

8. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

That's not so Bad and I don't even mind the color......... &5 Squire the 63 is a unibody so it had to be sit on a different Chassie probly a 4x4 chassie so the suspeision should be able to handel the trail.

9. ZWHEELS

ZWHEELS Guest

its his truck his money but that color...

10. Dan the ranchero man

Dan the ranchero man MODERATOR Staff Member

I would rather see that ranchero set up like a 4x4 then ending up in a demolition derby! At least someone took an interest it and did there own thing (that is the beauty of this hobby)! "Building is much better than destroying" I have seen too many cool savable cars wrecked in demo derbys.

11. sarah

sarah Pic Moderator Staff Member

restore them don't crush them....just needs to be a different color or a stripe kit to break up that purple

12. Ron

Ron In Second Gear

Sorry everyone....love the 4x4 conversion.the color is ugly.