What are your winter Ranchero projects?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by beerbelly, Oct 20, 2021.

1. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I got nuthin'- how about you guys?

2. Jeff B

Jeff B In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

Full list of stuff.
    1)Get the Paxton supercharger hooked up
    2)Rust repairs on the rear quarters
    3)Interior upgrades
    Seats
    Console and shifter
    Dash repair
    Tunes
    4)Install Torino front disc brakes and add power booster. Not happy with the Scarebird conversion.
    5)New exhaust donuts
    6)Get the AC working. Heater is good, it will bake bread.
    Got most of the parts, just need to get back to it.

3. beerbelly

beerbelly In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

Yeah, I've heard conflicting reports on the Scarebird kits; I'm real happy with my Chockostang kit. Paxton supercharger sounds awesome!

4. Jeff B

Jeff B In Maximum Overdrive BRONZE MEMBER

I am excited about the Paxton. It is mounted, just need to do the plumbing and tuning. Have the upgrades fuel pump, oil cooler, hat and blow-off valve. The Scarebird was a breeze to install but I think it is under sized for the application. I might think differently about it if I had power brakes, but the manual brakes on the 500 have just sucked from the first day.

5. RancheroRandy

RancheroRandy In Overdrive

New Total Control Products coil-over front suspension that I got a steal on (minus those brakes and spindles that I sold for enough to cover $3K worth of suspension parts for $600) and rewiring my speakers. I've been chomping on the bit to get started on the suspension but may wait for one more cars and coffee gathering before I dig in... total control parts1.jpg

6. DJ Clinton

DJ Clinton In Third Gear GOLD MEMBER

Paint and reassembly(hopefully)

7. RANCHEROROB

RANCHEROROB In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

What are your winter Ranchero projects?
    ---------------------------------------------------------

A BRAND NEW BLUE tarp to cover my broken windshield.:mad:

8. Kiwirancher

Kiwirancher In Third Gear

Heading nicely into summer here of course, a small amount of rust to get sorted , a little paint to touch up then it’s drive it as usual. As most of you would know, we don’t need to store our vehicles here over winter . No salt on our roads either! They use gravel in the South Island sometimes when it snows .
    Denis.

9. crab1

crab1 In Second Gear

My 71 Torino brake upgrade works great on the 69, only thing was needed the bigger outer tie rods to match. Rebuild the old calipers and ordered new booster from rockauto.

Jeff B likes this.
  10. handy_andy_cv64

handy_andy_cv64 In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I need to mount the replacement passenger door, the blower motor and resistors, reassemble the dash top, give her a spark plug tune-up and clean the carburetor. I have the beginnings of my EFI conversion, in that I have the EFI harness, PCM and several of the sensors and actuators. So I'll be working on separating the chaff from the wheat, getting the harness parts separated. I'll be looking to secure a late '80s-early '90s truck rear tank, truck lower intake, fuel rail, and lines to get all those ready for installation.

11. Doc76251

Doc76251 In Fourth Gear

I've got the entire top half of a 95 Bronco 5.8L (heads, exhaust manifolds, lower & upper intakes, TB, fuel rails and injectors plus what ever was still plugged in) that was supposedly running when it was pulled just sitting in the bed of Midnight. Not in a hurry to get rid of it unless you need it now.

I've been on stall mode with my motor since May when I got a new job. It's settling down to comfortable now so this weekend I'm looking to prime if not prime and paint the long block. From there I just need to put it together.

Cheers,

Doc