Where will this be located?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by EZDUZIT, Mar 4, 2008.

1. EZDUZIT

EZDUZIT In Third Gear

Host; 3rd annual Southeastern RancheroUSA roundup Oct. 24 - 26, 2008

I seen this on the bottom of (AS IS '66) signature. I am willing to meet up with some people in the southeast region!

Ohh and I'm new to the forum! Just looking forward to mingeling with ya'll!:D

2. sarah

sarah Pic Moderator Staff Member

Welcome aboard... I'm sure the boys will fill you in on that information I know its in Georgia... So tell us about your Chero EZ

3. EZDUZIT

EZDUZIT In Third Gear

Well if you must know;)

Everyone loves bragging on their cars right!
    Well it started back in 1970 my Grandfather was looking for a 65-67 Falcon Ranchero with a 289 V8. He loved the way they looked and he always liked a smaller car with a V8. He has a little hot rod inside :D However he came across this 1.5 year old 1968 Ranchero. As he looked over the shiny black paint with the white top he seen some badges on the front fender that said 390. Then he raised the hood and seen that big block crammed in between those shock towers and had to take it for a spin. Well after the test drive he was in love. He at the time, thought he was signing his life away. He financed $1800.00 for the "little black truck" as he calls it. This was the most he had ever financed in his life. Fast forward to the late 80's my uncle needed a car to drive so he drove this truck through school. My grandfather bought a 1979 Ranchero with a 302 and AC! This was his new daily driver. After about two years my uncle got his own car and the truck was used to haul trash to the dump, haul boats, anything that was fairly heavy. Now it's the early nineties and the favorite Grandson has torn up his 1983 Prelude (first car). So I started driving the Ranchero. I fell in love with it even more driving it for myself. I had rode in this truck almost every time it left the yard in previous years. So I became attached and would rather drive this than my own car. Now I have grown up got my own place other toys but have always wanted to inherit the 68 Ranchero. My Grandfathers health has been fading the past couple of years and the truck has probably only seen 2000 miles in the past 5. I worked on it a while back for him and got it back up and going but with manual drums he doesnt have the strength to stop it. So as of Last week he told me to come and get the "Little Black truck" and keep it going. So this is why I'm here, I have been on here before but never signed up. I will have this Truck the rest of my life and I plan on fully restoring it over the next couple of years. I hope to go and pick it up in a couple of weeks after I get my garage built. First thing I'll have to get is tires and I'm going to install a Pertronics Ignitor II ignition to help it run better. Look forward to meeting with some of you and talking to all! Thanks JOSH

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2008
  4. Rancherous

Rancherous Administrator Staff Member

Welcome Josh nice to get a Freebie Ranchero them are the Best Kind:D I am still waiting for my Freebie but I wont hold my breath LOL

The SE Ranchero Roundup is in Andersonville Georgia every year. Just google it for exact location of Andersonville.

Welcome aboard.

5. EZDUZIT

EZDUZIT In Third Gear

Thanks, I just looked it up. 306 miles 5hrs driving time. Don't know if the Ranchero will make it but the Titan will surely be there!

6. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

Welcome, Josh...
    Yessir, this Ranchero roundup idea got started in Washington, with those folks out there herding together once a year...The Original Ranchero Enthusiasts Club...
    I kinda herded into it, here in th south, two years ago... along with Sarah and a herd at the Wild West show in Colorado...
    It was the first time I know of that Ranchero Trucks were on th highways of these great United States of America on trhe same weekend, in three different locations fer th same purpose, getting together and showing off our trucks...
    Last June, three Ranchero trucks herded up down south and drove to Carlisle, Pa. fer th 50th anniversary of the Ranchero at the Ford Show there...
    We are always willing to herd up and do things...
    I rent a spot fer us to herd in Andersonville, Ga. ~ The civil War Village, home of the National Cemetary~
    The annoucements will soon have a full page write up on our annual Southeastern RancheroUSA roundup, explaining the whole picture...(this idea came to me the other day while telling Charlie63 about this event)
    We will be thrilled to have you make the trip and be part of th fun...
    Y`all Come on now, ya hear...

7. EZDUZIT

EZDUZIT In Third Gear

Aight We be comin on down der dis October, Cain't wait!:D

8. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

Might can herd up with some more Ranchero trucks from that local and make a "Statement" while y`all head thisaway...

EDIT:
    I didn`t realize that there wasn`t an announcement of this years activity...
    There IS now!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2008
  9. EZDUZIT

EZDUZIT In Third Gear

There is one other guy I now in this area who has a mint 77 Ranchero. I will probably see him at the next car show. I'll let he know about this event.

Ohh and I like tha announcement!:rolleyes:

10. Lovinmy74

Lovinmy74 In Maximum Overdrive

EZDUZIT, I like you....Thats a good story. Welcome to the board.:cool:

11. rancheronut

rancheronut In Fourth Gear

hey EZDUZIT! love hear about those freebies.i think there better cars! but anyway ,welcome to the family,because some of the in-laws are great, some just ok!:D;)

12. EZDUZIT

EZDUZIT In Third Gear

In the words of Rodney Carrington " Well Hell I like you too!" Thanks for the welcome, I know this is not where my introduction should be but Sara provoked me! I'll cut and paste my write up in the appropriate section tonight! Please dont let the Mods jump on me yet!:D

13. sarah

sarah Pic Moderator Staff Member

Josh this is as good a place as any to discuss your truck, cars etc... I think that little black truck will be very happy living with you... we want to see pictures and the mods aren't going to kick you out of here... the lounge you can talk about anything that suits you. And this thing you have for that little black truck is an addiction... we are the recovery group to help you stay addicted. Not a bad one... for certain. Welcome again Josh... glad to have you here.