why I do these shows...

Discussion in 'Ranchero Pics' started by sarah, Sep 9, 2007.

1. sarah

sarah Pic Moderator Staff Member

WOW.... today was awesome, a total of 75 cars/trucks showed up for this benefit. Carol Defazio has Luekemia and next weekend will be going to denver till probably christmas for a bone marrow transplant. She has insurance, but expenses still occur.... together with the others a total of almost 11 thousand dollars was raised to help this wonderful family.

[​IMG]

Sal, Carol and their daughter Tara have really had a rough year...but there is great hope of her recovery. Sal's brother even raised over 500 dollars for just shaving off the side burns

[​IMG]

it was a great show and a great cause

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sarah

3. sarah

4. Dan the ranchero man

Dan the ranchero man MODERATOR Staff Member

Very cool Thanks for sharing!

5. No doubt!

6. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

The wheels on the white 'Chero are sweet. They really make it stand out from the rest of the crowd.

7. 75 Squire

75 Squire In Maximum Overdrive

American Raceing Torque Thrust D's

[ September 10, 2007, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: 75 Squire ]

8. sarah

and if I get new wheels.... thats what I want... Dave actually won those as a door prize gift last year at the West Side Fun Run.... :D lucky dog

9. burninbush

burninbush In Maximum Overdrive

The wheels on the white 'Chero are sweet.

++++++++++

Those look like new old-school American Racing design. Was looking at a set of those Friday.

I really like that black satin roadster, but can see 3 or 4 immediate problems with driving it on the street in CA. Sad to see so many old rods [mostly Fords] with Chevy motors. We went to a local street-rod show Saturday -- same story here.

10. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

Ya done GOOD !!!
    You GO Girl!!!

11. sarah

I hear that BB.... we have so many of those cross dressers running around...although I understand why....its still wrong.

12. Giska

Giska Guest

13. yep that satin black rod is amazing.. with the embossed flames...VERY kewl!!!

14. BlueOvals

BlueOvals In Maximum Overdrive

Nice eye candy, thanks Sarah. Hope your friend gets better too.

15. sarah

she has the bone marrow transplant tomorrow and will be in the hospital till just before Christmas...then the regimen of drugs the first year.... I believe she'll be fine...her spirit is strong...and she has a great support system with her family. What scares her is she lost her mom at the age of 9 to the same thing and she's afraid she will leave her daughter behind... well everyone reinforces the fact that medicine is better now then way back when... Thanks Blue

16. sarah

For those of you who followed this thread....

[​IMG]

Carol Defazio passed away last night (lady in the striped shirt) she lost her fight to Luekemia. She had been in total remission and doing very well with hopes of even starting back to work part time in May. Two weeks ago she had developed an infection and after doing several tests the Doctors discovered the Luekemia was back even harder than before. She leaves behind her daughter Tara 13 and her Husband Sal. They are going thru it, I would like to ask you all even though you do not know them.... to say a prayer for this family. A month ago Sal's mother passed away from heart failure, and now loosing his wife. She was an awesome soul willing to go out of her way for anyone as does her entire family. I thought you guys would like to know. Thanks.

17. Wedgehedd

Wedgehedd Guest

Our prayers are with Carol

Very sorry for your, and Carols families loss. Prayers for sure. The Wedge.

18. DarkAngel

DarkAngel In Second Gear

That is so awesome! Glad everything went well.

Hey 5 Window Cab Chevy. I have one at my mom's back yard. Front Pacer Suspension swap already done. Wish I could finish her.

[​IMG]

19. Lovinmy74

Lovinmy74 In Maximum Overdrive

Very sad news, We will pray for the family up here in the north.

20. DarkAngel

DarkAngel In Second Gear

Oh my I am sorry. Prayers for her family.