9th annual Ranchero Roundup = Dawsonvile, GA Oct 25, 2014

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by As Is '66, May 22, 2014.

1. As Is '66

As Is '66 2 Wheeled Mod Staff Member

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    47th Annual Mountain Moonshine Festival ℠
    October 25 & 26, 2014
    All proceeds go to
    KARE for Kids, Inc., a local 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
    “Making the World A Brighter Place,
    One Child at A Time”
    Click here for Vendor Application
    Pictures From 2012 Mountain Moonshine Festival ℠
    [​IMG]
    • See the parade of moonshine and revenue cars to kick off festivities at 9:00 Saturday morning.
    • For Lodging Information, Click Here.
    • Many great vendors – something for everyone
    • Two stages with live entertainment around the square in downtown Dawsonville
    • Car Show, Cruise-In and Swap Meet held at the Georgia Racing Hall of Fame formerly known as “Thunder Road USA”
    • Moonshine Run on Friday, October 25th, leaving the Georgia Racing Hall of Fame at approximately 10:00 AM, registration to begin at 9:00 AM.
    • Meet many legendary race car drivers. See Vintage Race Cars and more Authentic Moonshine-Hauling cars than you’ll ever see gathered in one place anywhere in the US!
    • Purchase festival souvenirs such as t-shirts, caps & refrigerator magnets.
    • Camper & Hauler parking will be available at the GA Racing Hall of Fame in a designated area only. Please see a KARE representative for assistance. Any hauler or camper parked in a show car parking area or public parking area will be subject to fees according to the size of the camper or hauler.
    • Help out with a very worthy cause, KARE for Kids, Inc

2. As Is '66

T-Minus 4 months and counting down....

Saving our pennies (literally) for this RancheroUSA gathering...

When I come home, I empty my pockets of change into the change can, this allows us Ranchero Buck$ for traveling...

I`m glad it adds up fairly quickly after emptying the can...

I`m sure you will enjoy the Moonshine Fest...
    We do,
    AC/DC

3. Hillbilly

Hillbilly In Maximum Overdrive

Used to be one of the best kept secrets in the South. High windin' small blocks and humongus horse power big blocks what were supposedly unacounted for tend to come out of the woodwork fer this gathering. Ya never know what might drive up besides ya or who you watched racin' be giving you a big grin whilst they out crusing like you are. Tall tales are the order of the day only most be recounts of real adventures . You hear the good ones after the statutes of limitations run out. Think "Copperhead Road" but a feast fer your eyes and other senses without the sad ending. An' if you so inclined, the local shine is mighty good.

4. As Is '66

Yessir, Mr, Hillbilly, and I have found that some of the best looking cars are NOT in the show...
    Look in the parking lots, they`re full of nice ones...

Head count?
    Who is planning on making the trip to Dawsonville for a weekend of Horsepower???

Penny jar is 3/4 full,
    D

5. BillyC

BillyC In Fourth Gear

I will be there again

6. As Is '66

Yessiree BillyC, I`m addicted!!!
    Dawsonville has more to it than I`ve seen in our two trips, Lets explore it together...
    Did you make it to the Diner and see the Bill Elliot stuff?

7. As Is '66

T-Minus 29 Days and counting!!!

I`m thrilled to be part of this Fall event with our Ranchero Roundup efforts...

Ann & I are committed,
    Dennis

Rancherous likes this.
  8. As Is '66

Making plans as I type this morning...
    54 degrees in swGA, Perfect weather for a Roundup!!!!

No Gnats, Hyrb!!!!

T-Minus 9 Days :D

9. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

We were looking to do something that weekend, because the wife has 5 days she needs to take off or she'll lose them. However, I couldn't talk her into the 10 hour ride to Dawsonville for a car show. Women? :rolleyes:

10. aquartlow

aquartlow In Maximum Overdrive

I am trying to go, due to work or lack there of, I haven't been able to secure a room in time for the festival(been a bad year for us-$ wise). If a member here has a few square foot of floor space that would allow me and my 15 year old son to catch some Z's, it would be greatly appreciated. I absolutely hate to impose on anyone and/or ask for assistance, but at this point I don't believe I can drive 8-10 hours without knowing that I have a place to lay our heads. Sleeping in my ride may be our last resort. Thank you in advance. Todd

11. As Is '66

Camper & Hauler parking will be available at the GA Racing Hall of Fame in a designated area only. Please see a KARE representative for assistance. Any hauler or camper parked in a show car parking area or public parking area will be subject to fees according to the size of the camper or hauler.>>>>>>>>>>

We`ve got a friend in Cartersville we MAY be staying with
    BUT, I do believe, Ann & I are gonna throw the air mattress into the van for our accommodations...
    Camping in Dawsonville at the Hall of Fame, is much less expensive than the motels in Gainesville or Dalonnega ...
    All Fords Show at the School, behind the Museum, with camping nearby, not bad...

Billy C, are your plans still on???
    See You There!

Sean, are you sure you can`t bring Dads Ranchero, and talk swweeeet to the wife to persuade her???

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  12. aquartlow

Thank you Dennis for the info. I just finished my custom bed cover so I do have a protected area my son and I can stay out of the weather from if I have to. I may throw a couple of sleeping bags in the back, lay the tailgate down and prop the bedcover up a few inches and we'll be "camping". Still "up in the air" if we can even go, trying to finish a construction job. I have never been to Dawsonville, so any and all info pertaining to nearby facilities is greatly appreciated. Looking forward to visit with Dennis and Ann (as well as any other members) while there ...if I can go. Todd

13. As Is '66

We`ll save room for you...

14. TestDummy

Todd is a great guy, according to my Dad. Hope he can make it.

HuevosRanchero likes this.
  15. HuevosRanchero

HuevosRanchero In Maximum Overdrive

yes, yes he is! Hope to make one of these some time when life is less complicated....AND the Rock isn't in pieces. Played a gig last night...have a 5k in Athens tomorrow morning and a gig tomorrow night back in Macon....I'm already tired.

16. TestDummy

Just run from Athens to the gig in Macon. Ain't rocket science.

17. HuevosRanchero

hah...only my daughter does those kinds of distances...anything over 4 miles I faw down go boom.

TestDummy likes this.
  18. aquartlow

Sean, thank you for the compliment. Your Dad is a heck of a nice guy, it was nice to "shoot the $hit" with him at a car show while I was visiting Michigan over the summer, his Ranchero was pretty sweet as well.

TestDummy likes this.
  19. aquartlow

Robert, thank you for your compliment. If I am able to make the trip I will be near Macon(though very early Fri morning) taking I75 N. May be we can meet up, if not on the way up, perhaps on the return trip. Looking to leave my lo-cal @ 9pm on Thurs, rather travel at night, though it does make repairs/vehicle trouble on the side of the road pretty hairy.

20. HuevosRanchero

Never quite sure where I'll be on a weekday....have a gig next saturday night, but ya never know.