free web site hosting

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by wifes65, Oct 26, 2006.

1. wifes65

wifes65 Guest

RodsandWheels is thinking about hosting web sites for car groups for free. How much would that help out a site like this one? We are looking for feedback on the subject.

2. MaryT

MaryT Guest

It all depends on what they're offering in their free hosting package.

3. wifes65

wifes65 Guest

What would you like to see for free? What would save you money? What would help increase the presence of this site?

4. MaryT

MaryT Guest

Not so much what I want for free, it seems to me that the site is down alot so a new hosting service is in order anyway. I would be concerned about the bandwidth usage and disk space. Most of the time free hosting can't or won't offer the bandwidth that a busy site, especially with pictures, needs.

5. wifes65

wifes65 Guest

Check the site out. Go to the photo gallery and see how much bandwidth we do offer already for just photos. Some pictures on the site are 2500x1700, you can put up to four photos with a classified that are 600x600, http://www.rodsandwheels.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=7575
    just an example of one album that contains over 70 photos over 1000x563, so bandwidth and disk space is not an issue with the site.
    Text does not really take of much disk space or badnwidth.
    The site is even going to start running video and community chat rooms.

Thanks for the information I will pass on the feedback to the boss man. If you more feedback please keep it coming.