Holley sniper2 fuel pump module

Discussion in 'General Ranchero Help' started by Saff54, Apr 11, 2024.

1. Saff54

Saff54 In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

IMG_2407.png Hey guys,so…really leaning towards going EFI with the Holley sniper2,it comes with an inline pump which I’m not really comfortable with,they do offer an in tank pump,even one returnless ,my concern is the in tank pump has a maximum length of 12” and with the sending unit being at an angle not sure if it’ll reach the bottom of the tank?if someone has a tank not installed and could measure?of course Holley has replacement tanks for every car but the 67 ranchero!any thoughts or help ya can send my way would be appreciated

2. Saff54

From the Holley rep IMG_2406.png

3. pmrphil

pmrphil In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

I'd really lean toward an inline pump anyway, they're a lot easier to replace when issues arise. Dropping the tank every time to address pump problems (yes, very common) will get pretty old quickly. Extremely expensive if you have to pay someone to do it. The early Sniper was a piece of garbage, very hard to tune. The SniperII is better, but don't believe the crap they tell you about it being "self learning" - to an extent, yes, but in reality, you will be better off paying a GOOD fuel injection shop to tune it for you.

4. Saff54

Thank Phil,always appreciate your input,I was told that the inline pump depends on gravity and has to be mounted very low to work properly?

5. pmrphil

pmrphil In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Needs to be mounted below the fuel level, so even with the bottom of the tank is perfect, normally somewhere along the frame rail.

6. stabmasterarson

stabmasterarson In Third Gear BRONZE MEMBER

I installed an aeromotove phantom pump. I little pricey but the quality is very good. They have this foam sump that goes around the pump and holds fuel so if your burning donuts in a parking lot the pump doesn't suck air and stall your engine!

7. uk ranchero

uk ranchero In Third Gear

i got a Tanks Inc pump in mine. there must be a good reason that OE put the pump in the tank, so i did the same. i have the original
    MSD Atomic

8. Clark

Clark In Maximum Overdrive

I have a 2018 Holley Sniper in my '75 GT, 460 cid, with an external Holley fuel pump. I like it this way with pre and post pump fuel filters. I also installed a fuel line shut off valve so all can be changed without draining the tank.

I went with EFI when moving to Colorado with the huge altitude variations out here. So far this Sniper runs well without any special tuning. I did have to set the fuel prime to the highest level and find it best, after setting for some time, to turn the ignition key on and off twice before starting as this shoots more gas into the engine. Start up is then immediate.