Parting out 1979 Ford Ranchero GT (Have title)

Discussion in 'Ranchero Parts For Sale' started by Michael Bond, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Michael Bond

Michael Bond In First Gear

I have been parting out a 79 GT. The color is black, and it had a red interior. Some parts are already sold, such as the gauges, door panels and a couple other things, but I have most of the car yet. Front sheet metal is a mixed bag. One fender is pretty good, one is repairable. No header panel or bumper. Inner fenders have rust on the edges. The BODY is pretty good. One 6 inch by 2 inch hole in the driver's floor board. The rest of the floor has original paint. The rockers are great and solid. 2 holes in the rear spare tire section right at the seams. In the bed, the only rust out is just over the cross members that go across. The front inner curves are in good shape as are the side panels. Passenger quarter could be used to patch a bad one. Driver's is alot rougher. Doors are really good, and they are still loaded as of right now. Roof is good. I have good door glass and good rear glass, though the rear still depends on me pulling it without destroying it. I will have the whole harness, and just about every other part you can think of. It has a 351M in it that runs and a 9 inch rear end. I will consider selling the whole shell with title, or I will cut specific sections. The frame is rusted and broken at the driver's side rear kick up. Here is a link to my pictures of the car and parts. The pics I have are to large to upload here. You can send me a message here, but I don't know if the site will email me when I do. Otherwise, my email is safetymike1977@yahoo.com. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10154632009820137.1073741842.777780136&type=1&l=052a5b0292

2. dbailey

dbailey In Second Gear

I am interested in all of your "Bed Moldings". Top of Tail Gate, Corners, Hocky Stick Rails and Cab Top Rail with corners. Please let me know if you still have them and what you want for them. You can contact me thru my E-Mail: dan.bailey1@aol.com. Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Thanks,
    Dan

3. Ron Pratt

Ron Pratt In Second Gear

I would be interested in the front corner lights and the norn button e me back at rip.4714@yahoo, com , Ron

4. ForistellFord

ForistellFord In Maximum Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Ah, the all-elusive norn button!! ;)

TestDummy likes this.
  5. 1978GT

1978GT In Overdrive GOLD MEMBER

Don't snicker. Without a norn button, how else would you activate the flux capacitor?

ForistellFord likes this.
  6. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member

He has not been back since posting which is normal for someone just looking to sell something, so I would post on his facebook site or use the email he included if you expect to get a responce from him.

7. TestDummy

TestDummy In Maximum Overdrive SILVER MEMBER

I could use some nub cabs and one of the low been flanges, if they are still good.

8. Michael Bond

I apologize. I thought the site would email me when someone posted, but it didn't. The car is mostly cut up now. I have the complete floor pan, which is pretty good for being an original wisconsin car, I saved the roof, I have the fuel tank, the rearend is limited slip, and I have a ton of small parts still available. I also have the engine and trans from the car. The engine is just a 351M, but I have video of it running before pulling it. Still got lots of stuff available, but alot has sold. I have all of the bed moldings but the tailgate and one of the rear corners. oh, I also have the tailgate yet, and it isn't too bad.

9. Michael Bond

I don't have the front corner lights. Unless ones from a 76 LTD would work. I have a set of those. The horn button is pretty beat up, but it was a cruise car.

10. TomFord

TomFord In Third Gear SILVER MEMBER

Hi Mike , what do u want for the bed mouldings???any pictures???

11. Michael Bond

I actually have two more whole cars that I will be parting out. One has complete bed moldings for sure. The other one has them as well, but some have screw holes in them. I will have to get back to you.

12. TomFord

TomFord In Third Gear SILVER MEMBER

Mike, you can can reach me anytime at 718-347-0994 I screen my calls; too many robocalls be sure to mention Ranchero if you leave a message For email ; TomFord460@verizon.net Subject line Ranchero I await your call

13. Michael Bond

It is a little late to call you now. I will try and call you tomorrow, or actually, I will send you an email now.

14. ford4ever

ford4ever In First Gear

Did this vehicle have the wheel lip moldings on it? 308-390-6452 - Olen

15. Michael Bond

None on all 3...

16. thebruins

thebruins In Third Gear

Hi, do you still have the radio bezel/panel and the heater bezel/panel? If so, what color are they? Thanks Martin

17. Gator

Gator In First Gear

I realize that this is an old post but when you need parts a hail Mary is in order.
    I need a ac/heat control and GT guage cluster for my 79 GT.

18. parts4me

parts4me In Maximum Overdrive

What kind of condition of cluster do you need? I have one laying around that is untested and has some cosmetic issues, along with the clock not working.

19. Gator

Gator In First Gear

Might be interested. How much? Mine is going to win a beauty contest either. Perhaps 2 make one good one.
    Got a pic and a price?

20. 5.0 Chero

5.0 Chero Bahumbug Staff Member